Can my nose be fixed with Asian rhinoplasty? (Photo)

I want it to be narrow and small with a pointy tip. It makes my face look bad as my nose is so flat and has a lot of problems such as as large spaces between my nose. What procedures can be done to make it somewhat skinny and sIim, I wanted a more pinched nose effect. When I smile my nostrils flare out and I don't know what to do. I want a nose like my last few pictures, it is possible to have similar features with emphasis on the nostril area and bridge of nose?

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. A rhinoplasty procedure may create a more pinched effect on your nose. Keep in mind that the most attractive nose is one that is natural and proportional for the face. Rhinoplasty promotes this naturalness and proportionality and has the capability to improve functionality. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose surgery

Hi Juliez,

For the nose bridge, you can consider implants which can either be made of silicone or autologous grafts. Silicone implants are quick as there is no need to harvest or tailor grafts for the patient. Downside is the risk of Infection, migration (movement) or extrusion (coming through the skin), and the high probability for the need to remove or revise the nose. You also have autologous grafts which can be harvested nasal septal cartilage, ear cartilage, rib cartilage or fascia (deep temporalis fascia).

As for the nostril area, alar base modification, also known as nostril reduction surgery, alters the width, and/or the flare of the nostrils. When excess flare is present, a Weir incision is designed which removes a wedge of the nostril tissue. When excess width is present, a sill incision is designed to reduce the width of the nostrils.

You need to have a consult with a board certified cosmetic surgeon so that a comprehensive external and intranasal examination of your nose can be made. Ask for personalized computer imaging of your nose based on your aesthetic goals and determine which combination of surgical techniques and grafts will be necessary to achieve your ideal profile line and the most attractive nose for your face.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Closed rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Asian rhinoplasty is a sub-category of ethnic rhinoplasty

Hello, Juliez1:

Thank you for your question and for posting pictures of your nose and pictures of your desired nasal surgical results. Asian rhinoplasty is a common procedure performed in our New York city office. As a board certified facial plastic surgeon that specializes in ethnic rhinoplasty I often hear the following from patients desiring to undergo asian rhinoplasty as they share these common nasal features:

• A flat nasal profile
  • Slight bridge
  • Wide tip
  • Flared nostrils
  • Poor tip strength
When improving certain characteristics of one's nose, it is imperative to respect the patients ethnic heritage in an effort to provide them with the desired surgical result while keeping their ethnic identity. I would recommend researching board certified facial plastic surgeons that specialize not only in rhinoplasty surgery, but specifically asian nose surgery. This is a nuanced procedure and a rhinoplasty specialist is highly recommended. 

I wish you the best as you research your rhinoplasty options.

Sincerely,

Philip J. Miller, MD, FACS
Double Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon

Philip J. Miller, MD, FACS

Asian Rhinoplasty

Based on your photos, it does appear that refining the tip of your nose and creating more height and projection to the bridge and tip of your nose will make a nice change to your overall appearance. An in-person evaluation by a specialist in Asian cosmetic surgery will allow you to consider the treatment options for improving the contour of your face.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Asian rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photos. It is possible to have a smaller and more defined nasal tip with a rhinoplasty however it is important to note that the asian nose skin is much thicker and thus may respond less to tip work than in a caucasian patient. The ala (side wall of the nostrils) can also be narrowed by means of a wedge excision with or without a nostril sill reduction as well. A proper examination with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon will be able to provide you with options and surgical techniques that best suit you. This will allow you to express your expectations from this surgery and your physician will be able to provide you with options. Best of luck. James Lee

James Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon