Need to lose 2-3 inches off outer thighs/hips. What's the best treatment?

Hello I really wanna get rid of 2-3 inches off my hips to look more proportionate. I eat well and exercise and I can't seem to lose anything. I am on blood thinners (I had a mechanical mitral valve replacement when I was a teen). Is there any treatments that I should be considering? I'm super self conscious about my hips and I'm ready to look into cosmetic surgery since nothing seems to help :(. Please help. I've included a side by side image of my actual physic and my ideal image.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

A hi definition 4D contouring procedure can help give you the shape and fat reduction you are looking for. I suggest you see an expert in VASER HI DEF procedure.  Best, Dr. Emer.

If there is a significant amount of subcutaneous fat, then liposuction may be appropriate. Best of luck.

Getting liposuction

You cannot change your fat distribution.

it's predetermined genetically.

People can gain weight and lose weight but not change where they store their weight.

Other than it being on blood thinner as you appear to be a great candidate for liposuction.

The anatomic area of concern is actually your outer thighs and not hips.

At least this is the area you of changed on your ideal picture.

you should have a few in person consultations with board-certified plastic surgeon's and most likely talk to your primary care physician about getting medical clearance for this.

Whoever manages your blood thinners should be involved in the decision-making as well.

my practice is exclusively devoted to body contouring using various forms a liposuction and fat transfer.

We perform liposuction it without the use of general anesthesia which can minimizes the chance of developing blood clots.

You would most likely need to come off your blood thinners temporarily for the procedure and then start up again immediately after.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction of hips

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Your expectations seem realistic and liposuction can give you a nice result
  • It may not be as much as 3 inches however.
  • Also, the question is whether elective surgery is a good idea -
  • First you need your cardilogist to clear you for surgery.
  • Second you would need to be off your blood thinners for about five days.
  • If your cardiologist thinks this is unwise, then you can consider an office procedure such as Coolscuptling -
  • However the results are less than liposuction and the treatment can be painful.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Smaller hips

Since you want smaller hips and are on blood thinners I think the best thing would be to do some non invasive type procedure like SculpSure which is an outpatinet procedure using lasers with NO cutting.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon