Need to lose 2-3 inches off outer thighs/hips. What's the best treatment?
Doctor Answers 5
VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting
it's predetermined genetically.
People can gain weight and lose weight but not change where they store their weight.
Other than it being on blood thinner as you appear to be a great candidate for liposuction.
The anatomic area of concern is actually your outer thighs and not hips.
At least this is the area you of changed on your ideal picture.
you should have a few in person consultations with board-certified plastic surgeon's and most likely talk to your primary care physician about getting medical clearance for this.
Whoever manages your blood thinners should be involved in the decision-making as well.
my practice is exclusively devoted to body contouring using various forms a liposuction and fat transfer.
We perform liposuction it without the use of general anesthesia which can minimizes the chance of developing blood clots.
You would most likely need to come off your blood thinners temporarily for the procedure and then start up again immediately after.
Mats Hagstrom M.D.
You might also like...
Liposuction of hips
- Your expectations seem realistic and liposuction can give you a nice result
- It may not be as much as 3 inches however.
- Also, the question is whether elective surgery is a good idea -
- First you need your cardilogist to clear you for surgery.
- Second you would need to be off your blood thinners for about five days.
- If your cardiologist thinks this is unwise, then you can consider an office procedure such as Coolscuptling -
- However the results are less than liposuction and the treatment can be painful.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS