Can Juvederm work to even out my lips and increase the volume slightly? (photos)

Given the picture would juvederm be a good option to even out the unevenness on my upper lip and create some volume?

Juvederm for the lips

Thank you for your question cbb03. Juvederm is a filler used to enhance the appearance of the face. It can be used to restore volume and provide symmetry to the lips. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Encino Physician

Even out Lips

Yes, Juvederm is a great filler and is FDA approved. The gel temporarily evens and adds volume to the lips lasting up to a year. At my office we tend to use more Belotero, which is made my Merz. It's a great filler for the lips. While consulting with your physician inquire how you can obtain longer lasting results.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip fillers can better balance the asymmetry between the two sides. Best of luck with your desire to have improvement.

Juvederm for lips

Hello, and thank you for your question. In a word - yes! Juvederm is a great filler for lips (in fact, I have a syringe in my own lips and love it!). You have lovely full lips, and I would likely only use about half of a syringe for you - to keep you from being over-filled. Discuss your goals with your injector - and the best of luck!

Juvederm for lip asymmetry

Juvederm is a good filler for this. More importantly though is not the filler, but the "filler". Too many patients search out price for Juvederm or Restylane and that's not what makes good outcomes. It the person behind the syringe. Seek out experienced board certified physicians that have good reviews and good before and after photos (of their patients).

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Yes, Juvederm is a great filler to add volume and symmetry to the lips. I would recommend you make an appointment with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon in your area for a consult. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Juviderm for Lips

Yes, Juviderm would be a great option for your lips.  It is an excellent choice for making lips fuller and creating symmetry.  Good Luck.

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Natural Lip Enhancement With Juvederm

Yes, Juvederm is likely to be a great option for your lips.  The key is to see an experienced injector who emphasizes natural results.  Your doctor should spend the time needed to understand your goals, and tell you what type of result is reasonable to expect. 

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm for lips

In the right hands Juvederm would be a great option for your lips to improve symmetry and create some volume.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Juvederm to Even Out Lips

Yes, Juvederm or any other hyaluronic acid filler can be used to enhance your lips and make them more even. If you like it and decide to have lip filler on a regular basis, beware of "filler amnesia." This occurs when a person gets use to their new appearance, forgets how little filler it took initially to get their enhanced appearance, and starts asking their injector to add more and more, which eventually leads to an unnatural, duck-like appearance! Best of luck.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician