Intradermal/micro Botox question

I'm looking for someone in Ottawa, Toronto or Montreal who does micro botox for cheeks and nose for large pores.
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Botox for enlarged pores

Thank you for your question MK25. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with muscle expression. It is sometimes used to address other things such as sweat glands and enlarged pores. For my patients who are concerned with enlarged pores I recommend a good skin care regimen with retinoids and treatments such as laser skin tightening. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Micro botox for large pores

In my opinion there are better options than micro-botox. Consider other skin treatments. Consult an aesthetic dermatologist.

Jeffrey M. Joseph, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Intradermal/ micro Botox question.

Thank you for your question. Intradermal / Micro Botox is not a common procedure and may leave you hard pressed to find someone willing to do it for you. Speak with an expert injector to discuss your options, perhaps consider resurfacing.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Microboox for Pores

Hi there, 

I'm a physician in Ottawa who has conducted research into the effect of intradermal botulinum toxin on skin. Although there are some skin changes we are seeing, its difficult to know if this will affect pores the way you want. My opinion, would be to get an assessment to determine the best treatment. There are many options for large pores, most that are long lasting.  Also, with botulinum toxin, there is the potential for complication when injected into the cheek. 

I've included a link below to a clip from Good Morning America I was in that discusses the effect of intradermal botulinum toxin. 

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Ottawa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Micro intradermal Botox is not a long term solution for pores

Microneedling, laser resurfacing, Infini, all offer long term solutions for large pores. I do the procedure you are asking about and it is effective but last about 3 or 4 months.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Open pores

I would recommend micro needling or light-based treatment to help reduce the appearance of large pores.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Winchester Facial Plastic Surgeon