I have had great success with Juvederm fillers until recently when they lumped. Can I use fillers again?

I have used Juvederm fillers for the past three years with lovely results, however six weeks after injections the fillers lump and my face became distorted. There does not appear to be a reason for this reaction and my doctor believes it would be safe to use again, however I am hesitant. I do trust my doctor and he was great when the fillers failed, however I do wonder if you have used fillers again on someone who had a bad reaction. Thank you.

Test spot and allergy testing for Juvederm and other fillers

OK, if this is a delayed reaction, ie. lumps appearing 6 weeks after the filler Juvederm has been placed, and your face has been distorted, I, personally would not use Juvederm until one finds out the reason why? 

Early lumps are relatively common- bruising, too much filler, wrong placement, poor techniques, etc... However late lumps - ie. at 6 weeks, is much less common. 

I always involve an allergist to get a test spot on your inner arms with different types of filler including the Juvederm range - Volbella, Voluma, Volift, and also possibly another HA filler such as Restylane. This may shed some light. 

All the best
Dr  Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Juvederm and Lumps

There are times that the product can initially be lumpy from injection technique.  I would, however, try another type of product such as Restylane and see if you have better results.  Best, Dr. Green

Can you use Juvederm if it formed lumps with a prior injection

Thank you for sharing your case. It would probably be fine to use Juvederm again as a filler, but why not try Restylane instead? The results will probably the same as those you achieved with earlier Juvederm injections.
Good luck,