Will getting cheek implants one year after a facelift compromise the face lift result?

I know ideally these procedures should be done in tandem however, if this is not possible is it okay to do the implants one year after the face lift? Thanks

Cheek implants

Hello and thank you for your question. There is no contraindication for cheek implant placement one year after a facelift.  I highly recommend medpor implants with screw fixation.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

I know ideally these procedures should be done in tandem however, if this is not possible is it okay to do the implants one year

Hi, I have performed many cheek augmentations, using cheek implants, over the past 30 years.  Cheek implants are placed through a small incision on the inside of the mouth and as such should not adversely affect the results of your prior facelift.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.Hope this helps.

Cheek implants after face lift

It is safe to place cheek implants 1 year after F/N lift.  You should discuss this issue with your plastic surgeon in more details. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Cheek implant candidate one year after a facelift

Cheek implants can be performed one year after a facelift without compromising any of the results from the facelift procedure. Cheek implants are usually placed for patients who have a flat maxilla and a flat cheek profile. Cheek implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes( small, medium, large) and shapes(malar and sub-malar). Cheek implants are manufactured out of Silastic, and can be custom carved when necessary.  In our practice, we use Implantech brand cheek implants, placed  through an intra-oral approach under a brief general anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. For more information and many before-and-after examples, please see the link and the video below