Breast implant and lift? Appropriate implant size for my body? (photos)

I have been unhappy with my breast shape and size since having children and breast feeding. I would like to increase my size but I am unsure if I will need a lift as well? I am 5,4, 111 pounds and chest is 31 inches. What would be a modest implant size to achieve a full B cup?

Breast implant and lift? Appropriate implant size for my body?

Thank you for your question. Breast implant selection is an important process and requires good communication between you and your surgeon. Typically, breast measurements are initially obtained to provide an initial guide to implants appropriate for your chest. It's then advised that you try different sizers in a normal bra with a tight t-shirt to get an idea of what your breasts would look like. It's important to focus on the look that you want and not overly focus on a specific cup size or implant size.  In your case, you may need a small lift.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

The best advice you will receive will be from an in-person examination.  A minor periareolar lift may be necessary for a pleasing cosmetic result.  I would suggest you try on sizers in your surgeon's office to determine the amount of volume needed to reach your goal.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. The best advice you will receive will be from an in-person examination.  Based only on these pictures, you may be able to have a dual-plane technique placement without a lift, but once again, an in-person evaluation is critical in your situation.   The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast augmentation, Toronto Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Adibfar

Hello;

It would very difficult to give you an exact recommendation without a proper examination.

You may benefit from a modest size tear drop gel implant ( full height and full projection in the mid 200gm range) in a dual plane position.

A minor periareolar lift may also be necessary if appropriate nipple lift is not achieved with the augmentation. Sometimes this decision is made in the operating room after the insertion of the implants. Of course this would be discussed with you in great lengths during your comprehensive consultation.

Please feel free to view our complete "breast enhancement " gallery attached below where you would be able to find one similar to yours.

Thank you

Breast augmentation

From these photos, you may get a result you are very happy with by having a straight forward breast augmentation. Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implant need to match and fit your frame and body. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! Dean Vistnes

Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Implant choice

The best way to determine what implants would be right for you would be to have a consultation in person and be properly examined.

Breast Augmentation with or without Lift

Good morning - great question and thanks for the photos.

To be absolutely confident with your decision you will need to arrange an in person assessment with a certified Plastic Surgeon, where your goals can be compared to anticipated results based on your tissue characteristics, nipple position and some key measurements.

From the information provided I think it is likely you can achieve your desired look with implants alone. There may be some issues about asymmetry of volume and nipple position that need to be addressed.

During your consultation you can try different sizers to get a better idea of what a modest, full B cup means to you.

Best of luck on your journey.

Dr Nodwell

Trefor Nodwell, MD
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation

I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your options. During the consultation, you will be measured and can try on a variety of sizes to see what works best for you.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and pictures. Your breasts seem to be in a somewhat "borderline" position; do not be surprised when you receive very different opinions given your anatomical starting point. Ultimately, careful measurements and communication of goals will be key.

Most likely, in my practice, I would encourage you to undergo breast augmentation/lifting surgery.  You would be more likely to achieve a better outcome when it comes to breast shape, appearance, symmetry and longevity of outcome with the  combination operation, compared to breast augmentation surgery alone.  Of course, breast augmentation/lifting surgery is a more complicated procedure (and more complication prone);  careful selection of plastic surgeon and careful communication of goals will be key.  Furthermore, you will need to carefully consider the trade-offs (such as additional scarring) associated with breast lifting versus the upsides briefly discussed above.

Generally speaking, patients undergoing this combination operation should understand that it is significantly more complex than breast augmentation surgery only and that it is associated with a significantly higher risk of complications and need for additional surgery.  Again, it will be important that you educate yourself regarding the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Only after doing so can you make an informed decision whether or not to proceed. You will find a lot of information on this website and on the attached link.

Also, generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 

2. Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full B cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position makes selection of the best breast implant size/profile relatively easy.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.