Will using a booty buddy for sitting affect result of a BBL? (Photo)

I am wondering if using any type of booty buddy ( pillow that you put under your thighs so you dont put any direct pressure to the buttock ) is affecting result like am i going to lose fat that have been grafted ?

Pressure after a BBL

Not sitting for days after a BBL is something not all doctors agree. I particularly advise my patients to sit right away, it will not affect their results. Some of the fat will be reabsorbed and the rest will grow.

If you prefer and if you find it more comportable, you can use any kind of pillow under your buttocks so you don't put too much pressure on them. 

Will using a booty buddy for sitting affect result of a BBL?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided infromation as well.. I do not like those kind of pillows, because I dont believe they contour the buttocks correctly after the procedure. I recommend my patients to use a boopy pillow for 8 weeks to sit and sleep, they give the heart shape form and also the contour a patient wants.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

I recommend patients not to put any pressure on the buttocks for the first two weeks after surgery.  Then, they can use the special BBL pillow for 20-25 min increments. You should follow your surgeon's instructions since each surgeon has a different protocol.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

BBL

I would follow your surgeon’s post op instructions because every surgeon will have a slightly different aftercare protocol based on their technique, experiences and beliefs. I believe that the patient should not put any pressure on the buttocks for at least 3 weeks post op as it can increase the risk of the fat cells not surviving. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you must sit for longer durations, I definitely do recommend the BBL pillow and getting up every 10-15 minutes to walk around until you are at least three weeks post op. This will help reduce the chances of the newly grafted fat cells getting damaged.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Booty Buddy

Great Question. I recommend patients not to put any pressure on the buttocks for 4-6 weeks after surgery. That means sitting on the buttocks itself, however you can sit, you just need to use a pillow to allow the pressure to be on the thighs versus the buttocks. Best wishes. 

BBL pillow

This looks like a standard BBL pillow that some surgeons recommend to patients.  Avoiding sitting is the goal for several weeks post-op. Best of luck.

In my opinion, the booty buddy appears reasonable based upon the pictures.  Every plastic surgeon will have a different opinion on postoperative regimens so always ask your surgeon.