Would it be more beneficial to get a full rhinoplasty or just a tip rhinoplasty based on my current nose structure? (Photos)

Although there is absolutely nothing wrong with my nose and it is a good size I want to achieve a little but more of a contoured "Barbie doll" nose. The bridge of my nose is straight and has a good curve I just want the tip of my nose to be slimmer and have less of a button appearance as I regularly contour it with makeup every day for a slimmer appearance. Would I need to do a full rhinoplasty to achieve the look I want? The photos are for reference for my ideal nose shape.

Closed rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us. In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge. With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features. Kind regards 

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Would it be more beneficial to get a full rhinoplasty or just a tip rhinoplasty based on my current nose structure?

If there is nothing absolutely wrong with your nose, then it is not appropriate to take the risk of performing surgery. Osteotomies of the nasal bones are required to narrow the bridge line to make it slimmer. A full set of photographs without any makeup on are required to determine what can be accomplished with the procedure in addition to an in-person consultation and examination.

Rhinoplasty

Based upon the photos, I do not think that you need any work on your nose to improve it. It may look different in person.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

You are correct that there is nothing wrong with the appearance of your nose but in regards to achieving your cosmetic goals, I would suggest just some tip refinement to give it a slimmer, more pinched appearance. This includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so that they can perform a nasal examination on you and give you the best recommendations. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon