Looking for advice for breast augmentation post pregnancy/breastfeeding (Photos)
Doctor Answers 6
Breast implants alone
Best of luck,
Actually fairly straightforward
Just make sure you visit am experienced plastic surgeon. I know of several excellent plastic surgeons in the Ottawa area. You should have no trouble finding one.
Dr. Robert Shenker MD FRCSC
You might also like...
Breast Implants Post Pregnancy
Looking for advice for breast augmentation post pregnancy/breastfeeding
Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.
Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link/video, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.
Breast Augmentation Great for Deflated Breasts After Pregnancy/Breastfeeding #breastaugmentation
- You would likely have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation without the need for a breast lift.
- I commonly see women who have lost breast volume after pregnancy/breast feeding. A breast augmentation is a great way to regain that lost volume.
- Silicone implants have advantages over saline implants. They are softer, often they feel more natural than saline, and usually have less of a chance of showing rippling through the skin.
- Definitely meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to find out more.
- Thanks for sharing!
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.