5 days post-op: breasts too close together? (photo)

I am 5 days post-op and am worried that my breasts look too close together. I understand that I'm nowhere near the final results but am wondering if I should talk to my PS about methods to make them separate a little, like not wearing a bra or wearing a thong bra. Will there be more space in between them once they settle? I got 325cc in the left and 335cc in the right (round high profile, under the muscle). Were my pre-op/natural breasts considered to be already close together?

Wait for Swelling to Go Down

Your pre- and postoperative photos are helpful. It does appear that your breasts naturally sat close together, and that is probably why they appear to be very close together so soon after breast augmentation. I would expect the appearance to change as the postoperative swelling reduces and the implants begin to settle into place. Of course, if you're concerned, it is always fine to discuss this issue with your plastic surgeon. Questions after the procedure are normal and expected, and asking can help put your mind at ease.

Tight cleavage after breast augmentation

Your natural breast structure is for a tight cleavage.  The normal swelling after surgery probably explains the even tighter cleavage that you are now experiencing.  This will probably resolve with time.  Check in with your surgeon just to be sure.

John Q. Cook, MD

Breast augmentation - my breasts look too close together

Thank you for your question about your breast augmentation.

• Your breasts are quite close together - but part of the appearance may be swelling.
  • Your breasts even before surgery were somewhat close together.
  • Please alert your surgeon to your concern.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Are your implants Too Close together......?

Yes, your Pre-Op natural breast were close together, as are your implants.  They will probably separate somewhat on their own, but I would still discuss this with your surgeon.   One of the best ways to make your implants move further apart is to lay on your stomach.   However, be sure to discuss this with your surgeon before trying this.  In  your case, the farther apart your implants, the more your nipples will start looking "Cross-eyed"

Breast Augmentation Recovery

Hang in there! As long as the shape and feel are improving week to week, however slowly, there is still hope for the final outcome. Ask your plastic surgeon if there are any compression garments, stretches or massaging exercises that can help speed your recovery.

1 week post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast cleavage

It is a bit early in the post-op course and as they settle, they will likely have similar cleavage to what you had before surgery.

Post op BA too close

Thank you for your question, and I wish you a continued speedy recovery. You should follow up with your plastic surgeon and discuss with him/her your concerns and well as have an in-person exam..

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Cleavage Concerns

You can certainly talk with your Plastic Surgeon about your concerns and they will advise you. The pictures do not demonstrate a problem however, just close cleavage at this point.

All the best

Breast Augmentation

They do look close together but you do not have symmastia, where the implant actually touch each other.  This is a natural characteristic of your chest wall.  I would not recommend revising this, however your implants do look a bit square along the lower pole.  If this is corrected I believe your breast would look very nice.  Best wishes, Dr. T