Swollen or smaller nostrils? (Photo)

Hi! I had a rhinoplasty done 3 weeks back. I am not sure if my left side is more swollen than the right side, my left nosetril is looking bigger. Is that normal? It also feels like my nose is crooked. I am panicking!

Rhinoplasty results

You are still in the infancy of your recovery. It is very common to experience asymmetric swelling. The look of your nose will continue to change as the swelling resolves but it may take 6 months for your final results. Don't panic yet. For now, be patient and kind to yourself as your body continues to recover.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty

thanks for your question and photos. It's still early to make conclusions about the aesthetics. Give it some time to heal. If it's still crooked or significantly asymmetric then let your surgeon know. Good luck. 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swollen or smaller nostrils? (Photo)

Great question and many patients have this question early on! The swelling often comes out of the nose asymmetrically such that one side may be larger or more swollen than the other. This leads to it looking crooked or asymmetric and can be the source of much worry. In time it will all even out, however. Be sure to give yourself 6-12 months before having any concern. The nose is slow to heal.

Jeffrey Watson, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with only 3 weeks after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD