Can I have my lips augmented immediately after Juvederm Voluma has been disolved?

Recently Juvederm VOLUMA was used in my lips. They do not look or feel good. I posted on this site and it was recommended that I speak to the injector and I could have it disolved with hylorondase. After speaking to her.. she is willing to redo my lips by disolving all of the Voluma and reinjecting with Vobella . At no charge to me as the wrong product was used the first time. Can I do all this in one shot? Disolve what is there then reinject? Or do I need to heal first. If so how long?

Lips Augmentation after Dissolving with Vitrase

You absolutely should wait several weeks for all of the Voluma to be dissolved before injecting a new product. Voluma is thick and it can take several sessions of Vitrase to dissolve the product.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip filler

You will need to wait after dissolving the filler before having Volbella reinjected as the hyaluronidase will still be taking effect days after having it injected. Your practitioner will advise you when you should come back for the Volbella injection.

Good luck.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

No, I would wait for all the product to dissolve first and then consider redo with the other product.

Lip Augmentation Revision

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem. The use of Voluma for lip augmentation is starting to gain popularity among plastic surgeons and dermatologists because it lasts longer and plumps the lips nicely, but it is an "off label" use for the product, which means that the manufacturer has not yet provided enough data to the FDA for approval for use in that area. However, your dermatologist did nothing wrong, as off label use for products is legal. For example, Botox was initially only approved for use in the mid-brow, but was used off label extensively for other areas of the face until approval was given by the FDA. I agree with the plan of dissolving the Voluma with hyaluronidase and then using another product, but I would recommend a very conservative repeat augmentation with a shorter lasting product, like Juvederm Ultra plus in your case. It may take a couple of sessions. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD