Infected sore 4 weeks post op - are they related? (photos)

I am 4 weeks post op from breast reduction, and have been following doctors orders by putting moisturizer and vitamin e on my scars; but just today I noticed an infected scab on along my scar. I cleaned it up and excised all the puss with some warm water and soap, and put some polysporin on it. It looks to be pretty deep, but it doesn't hurt so I'm not sure if I should be worried. Should I get it seen to, or should I just continue with home care?

Stitch abscess

It looks like it could have been a stitch abscess. Best to perform local wound care as instructed by your surgeon.

Wound healing

It looks like you had a small stitch abscess from a buried suture.  It should heal without difficulty, see your surgeon  when you can.  Good luck, Jane