6 months post op, why is my right implant so different than left? (photo)

What is going on? If you look closely some parts aren't even round it's kind of jagged. The nipple is so low! There's no bottom fullness like the left.What has happened? Pre op I was completely flat. I've made an appointment to see doctor.

Severe asymmetry

Thank you for your pictures. The before picture would be very interesting. I think you probably had some significant asymmetry and even sagging. This was treated by not doing a breast left but centering  each implant over each nipple which gave you two different looking breast. You will definitely need a revision.

Breast asymmetry

It is always best to compare the preops to the post-ops and as well be seen in person to get the most information to give an educated answer for you concerns. Best of luck.

Asymmetry

Thanks for the question and I understand your concern, it is important compare before to after, see if there is a capsule on one side, see if one side is tighter than the other as well as determining if there is a rupture

Asymmetry

You have obvious asymmetry postop. I am sure you had asymmetry preop and posting preop photos would help. You appear to have more ptosis on the right and the implant looks higher. The rounder result on the left is no doubt due to there being less breast tissue and ptosis preop. There are certainly options to improve this and performing a mastopexy on the right as a second stage is possible. The only thing you need to rule out is that you haven't had rotation of the implants or are developing capsular contracture and I would recommend seeing your PS and going through your pre and post ops with him/her.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Different breasts

I am willing to bet that your breasts before surgery, though small, were more different than you appreciated.. give your surgeon a call and look at the pictures and see what he has to say

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Is my right implant so different than left?

Since you did not provide your pre-op photos- it's difficult to assess. Best, to go back to your operating surgeon and discuss it with him

Healing After Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your inquiry on breast augmentation.
There can be a number of reasons why you breast appear asymmetric.  Going to see your surgeon is a good idea.  It is best to see your surgeon because he/she knows exactly what was done for you.

Best Wishes.
EM

Different breasts

Most of the time when breast end up asymmetric they started out that way and the surgery only magnifies the difference. Certainly capsular contracture can play a role in the look being different. Your trip to the surgeon is a great start. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Why do my implants look different?

There can be many reasons why two breasts look different following breast implant surgery.  I am glad you are seeing your doctor, because that is the best way to determine what is going on.  Some patients may develop capsular contracture on one side following breast augmentation, others may have preoperative asymmetry that is even more evident following augmentation.  For example, a patient's nipple level and/or fold may be asymmetric, creating differences in how the breasts appear.

Asymmetry

I can certainly see that the breasts appear different, but there is not enough info here to offer a suggestion. 

A before photo will be helpful, as well as a current photo with arms down at your sides. Asymmetry before surgery is the most common cause of asymmetry after surgery, and without before photos it is not possible to offer much of a recommendation. 

Thanks, all the best.