Should I get a nose job? (Photos)

My shnoz is kind of large, but not as bumpy or big as a lot of the "before" pictures I'm seeing. I've looked into surgical and non-surgical nose job options and am not sure if either would be appropriate. I have bdd and cannot tell if my nose is cosmetically acceptable or not. Would you advise getting one?

Should I Get a Rhinoplasty

Except for some celebrities who rely on their appearance for professional success I see very few individuals who "need" a rhinoplasty. I would want to talk to your therapist before encouraging a patient with BDD to consider cosmetic nasal surgery.

Should I get a nose job with BDD?

If you have BDD, you should NOT get a nose job. Best to seek out professional help and get clearance from your therapist before undergoing any cosmetic surgical procedure

Should I get a nose job?

Only you can determine if this is something you want.  The dorsum can be reduced a bit to soften the nose.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

In regards to your question, you do not NEED plastic surgery, your nose is seems fine and functional as is but you could make improvements with a rhinoplasty. You may benefit from a rhinoplasty to smooth the bridge and refine the tip by cutting out extra cartilage and trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. If you suffer from BDD, you may want to seek clearance from a psychologist before you pursue cosmetic surgery. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Good idea

Hello. You are an attractive young woman. Not sure what you mean with the term "cosmetically acceptable." I do think the a rhinoplasty procedure would help refine and soften your nose and overall facial look.

Marcelo Ghersi, MD

Your nose is great

I would recommend doing nothing.  Your nose is great.  Esp with a hx of BDD, less is more!  Your nose is fabulous and fits your face. 

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD

Should I get a nose job?

Only you know if you should get a nose surgery. In order to evaluate most accurately - all views of the nose are needed as well as a physical exam. From your profile photos- it appears that you may benefit from a Rhinoplasty - surgery- in order to improve the appearance of your nose. This can be achieved through a closed Rhinoplasty technique - without leaving a scar on columella. Be sure to seek a Board Certified PS with extensive experience in Rhinoplasty