My dentist gave me yellow veneers! What should I do? (photo)

I have fluorosis stained teeth. My front two incisors were extremely yellow, whilst the rest of my teeth were chalky white. I had my veneers done by a reputable cosmetic dentist. But the veneers were EXTREMELY yellow so he re did them free of charge. I expressed my dissatisfaction with him but has said that is the whitest shade. If I had known, I wouldn't have gotten the veneers. My question is, where do I go from here? Does this situation warrant a complaint? Or should I write him a letter?

Yellow #veneers #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your veneers.  The shade chosen for your veneers is definitely not the whitest shade available. I would recommend returning to your dentist to express your concerns. You may benefit from have your teeth prepped more and then re-veneered. This would allow for thicker veneers that would prevent show through from your underlying tooth without appearing bulky.  I'll link a before and after photo of a patient of mine who's stained teeth were made to look perfectly white in just 2 appointments with porcelain veneers. It's always important to look at before and after photos of actual patients of the dentist you are considering, before selecting that dentist. This will give you a pretty good indication of what you can expect. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Venners

Hello, 'This is definitely not the whitest color. Teeth with fluorosis are difficult to treat, specially when they are in the front section, but there are ways. You could have gotten an internal bleaching (after having a root canal to be able to do so), and also an external bleaching of those front teeth to make them more similar to the others. Perhaps also when preparing those teeth for the veneers, the doctor could have drilled a little deeper to get a thicker veneer which could block better the color. Also, the material used to do the veneer, dislocate veneers are good with opaquing the base color, also zirconia in some cases. 
Good luck!

Javier Galvá, DDS, MSc
Dominican Republic Dentist