I have fake breasts and I got them done before my son's where born. Would I need surgery to lift them?

I got them done 11 years ago. My oldest is 10. Would I need surgery again to lift them?

Will a breast lift be beneficial for you?

It depends on whether you think a lift would be beneficial for you. That’s the only way to determine whether you would “need” a breast lift. If you find that your breasts are no longer as perky as you’d like and you’d like to do something about it, you can consider a breast lift. However, if you like how your breasts look and have no issues with them, then a breast lift would be unnecessary for you.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Do I need surgery to lift my breasts?

Pregnancy and breast feeding often can cause significant changes in the appearance of the breasts.  Post-Partum involutional atrophy is a common condition after pregnancy which is the loss of breast tissue causing the breasts to lose volume, shape and projection.  This can happen despite the presence of breast implants.

The choice of correction of the changes depends on the appearance of the breasts, nipple positions, symmetry (or lack thereof), current breast volume, desired breast size, degree of drooping, etc.  Choices of correction range from a limited breast lift usually under local anesthesia, to more extensive removal and replacement of the implants with different sizes, shaped or styled implants along with a mastopexy procedure (T incision or lollipop incision). These options are best assessed with a personal consulation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon.

Do I need surgery to lift my breasts?

Hi and thanks for the question. Your question is best answered with an examination or photos. If your breasts are sagging you will need some surgical correction. 12 years is the recommended time to change out your implants and if they depending on why they sag a breast lift and or a change in implant will fix your problem. Best of Luck - Dr. Hardy...

Lift?

In order to determine if you need a lift or not, you would have to at least post photos to determine this.

Lift?

Need for breast lift

You would only need surgery to lift your breasts if they are sagging and bothersome to you.   Some womens' breasts after pregnancy do well and go back to their pre-pregnancy contour, and some womens' breasts change dramatically after pregnancy and develop loss of volume and sagging.   If you are not satisfied with the appearance of your breasts, it would be best to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon.  Hope that helps -

Need for breast lift

Breast lift

Thanks for your question.  Due to stretching of the breast tissue and skin during pregnancy, it is common for women who have had implants placed before pregnancy to experience some sagging of the breasts over the implants after pregnancy.  This can be corrected with a breast lift procedure to restore pre-pregnancy breast shape and nipple/areola position.  I would recommend getting a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss this further.

Breast lift

Breast lift

After pregnancy the skin can be stretched and the harmony between the implant and the overlying breast is not optimal. A breast lift will often be helpful and usually associated with a rapid recovery. Discuss this with a board certified Plastic Surgeon. 

John S. Alspaugh, MD, FACS
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

John S. Alspaugh, MD, FACS
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

If your breasts are droopy, then a breast lift may be an appropriate treatment option for you.