I'm 4 weeks post BA. Is it too soon to consider going smaller? They are much bigger than I thought they would be. (Photo)

I'm 5"3 158lbs and 2 years ago i had a lift and reduction (from 36G to 36DD) within a year my beautiful breast started sagging and they looked flat. I so i had BA and my doctor said because of my measuments (14.25) he will use 520cc, under muscle, cohisive gel. But now I'm a 34DDD way to big and I'm not happy at all. I know it take a few weeks for the swelling to go down but is it too soon to consider a revision? Will they go down in size?

Breast size

the first 4 weeks is rather early. this sounds like a miscommunication about goals and limitations. you need to be patient and clarify all your concerns with your BCPS on each visit. it can be modified, you do need to be clear on your desires. there will always be compromises and only you can determine what is acceptable for your end result and compromise. you can not have it all........

Breast augmentation post op, some advices:

thanks for sharing your concerns with us.
Its too early to talk about results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Too soon

Thank you for your question.  In short, yes it is too soon to assess the results of your surgery.  Given that you are only a month post-op, you need to give your breasts at least three months to heal, reduce in swelling, and drop into place.  Please be patient, and continue to follow the instructions of your surgeon as you move forward in the healing process.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast Implant Revision

Thank you for your photos. In my opinion you are very early on your recovery process from Breast Augmentation. I would recommend you to wait from 4-6 months to see your final results, since this is the time that takes for your breast to settle down and heal completly, and then make a decision if you really want a revision to get smaller implants. Follow up closely with your surgeon. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

I'm 4 weeks post BA. Is it too soon to consider going smaller?

There is no way to have a glimpse of what your final size and look will be, you are still too swollen at 4 weeks post op. So, yes is too soon to consider a revision, wait at least for 6 month for it.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

I'm 4 weeks post BA. Is it too soon to consider going smaller? They are much bigger than I thought they would be.

At 4 weeks postop you are still swollen! Best to wait at least 3 months for more swelling to decrease, about 10 to 20% more I think.. After 3 months postop if still thinking you are too large than exchange under local to 400 to 450 cc. BTW I think your results are excellent!!!!!!

Breasts too big

Thank you for your question.  I would suggest reserving judgement for at least several months after surgery because the breast size and shape could change, and you may also become accustomed to the size.

Breast Implants/ Breast Augmentation/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Breast Augmentation size

I am sorry you are unhappy with your outcome. It is still early in your recovery. You are still swollen and it will take time for the breasts to heal and settle. Re evaluate at six months and if you are still not happy consider having a revision at that time. Best of luck.

Wanting to go smaller after breast augmentation

One month is relatively early to decide on your final outcome. However, you will not see significant change in your breasts as the tissues recover. Is important to let all of the swelling subside and to have your tissues fully healed before an additional procedure. Continue to follow with your doctor as scheduled and follow their instructions for a downsizing procedure.

Continue to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you progress as planned.
Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD