Tummy Tuck with light lipo and breast lift with implants?

I am trying to work up the nerve to proceed with my surgery. I am experiencing angst with the healing. My biggest fear is DVT. I have a hereditary disease , hereditary hemmoragic telangictssia also known as osler weber syndrome . My specisldy said there's no need to worry about that , but i can't seem to move forward. Any suggestions on what I can do to move forward ?

Mommy Makeover with Augmentation Mastopexy

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting. 

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time. Now, the intentional result of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis) as a result of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.
In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.
Always talk to a Plastic Surgeon to discuss your issues and concerns. Information that you read online may not apply to your situation. Make sure your surgeon is boarded by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons.

Worried about risks of mommy make-over

Thank you for your question about your mommy make-over.

• Your fears are understandable - because surgery can have complications
  • But there was ways to reduce the risk.
  • First ask your surgeon to calculate your DVT risk - it is likely to be reassuring.
  • You can also ask your surgeon about preventive blood thinners - althougn for low risk patients, the risks of the blood thinners is greater than the risk of DVT!
  • You can also divide your surgery into two - shorter surgery tends to have lower risks.
  • Wearing jobst compression stocking and walking early are helpful.
  • A lipid profile (blood study) can determine if you have a lipid disorder that raises your risk.
  • Or you may just need to wait - when you are ready for surgery, you will have it done.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Risk of pulmonary embolism in a well handled patient after mommy makeover is extremely low.

If you are healthy and willing to ambulate immediately after surgery risk of pulmonary embolism is extremely low. One thing however is that if you're unsure about proceeding with elective aesthetic surgery don't do it.

Fear of complications

Best to Obtain a full hematology clearance and maybe do your surgery in a operating room hospital setting . 

Cosmetic surgery and clotting risk (DVT)

Your hematologist is the best one to advise you on this.  With proper steps (operating room leg compression; post-op blood thinners) your risks of DVT (deep venous thrombosis) are quite manageable.  If you are too nervous don't do it.

Without photos- it's impossible to comment accurately. Plastic surgery is identical to all other aspects of medicine. First,we make a diagnosis and consider the patient's chief complaint, then we do a complete and thorough physical exam, then armed with this information- the Board Certified PS will create a surgical plan with flexible options to meet the needs of the patient. DVT can be managed post-operatively. I suggest you see a Board Certified PS for evaluation

Tummy tuck

These are questions you need to ask your PS and hematologist about.  If you have gotten clearance from them then that means they have decided you can proceed with surgery.  Precautions are taken to prevent DVTs during surgery and your PS may prescribe blood thinners.  If you are still worried about it then you need to not go through with it, the decision is up to you.

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon