How much total fat will be extracted from the 12 lipo areas? (photo)

I'm interested in a BBL, with a height of 5'2 and weigh 175. I was thinking in losing 15-20lbs before the surgery but don't know how much fat will be extracted because I don't want to be too thin after the surgery. My figure is a natural hourglass and I have a teardrop butt. I would appreciate some insightful information. Thanks!

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. BMI of 30-32 would give amazing results. The state of Florida board of medicine limits the amount of pure fat remove to 4000cc or 4liters. This is implemented for patient safety. Any higher volume then the patient would require resuscitation at a hospital setting. When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Volume of fat in a BBL

The amount of fat to be injected can not be predicted with much accuracy. During your procedure your surgeon will have a better idea of how much volume will be available for transfer. Also, about one third of injected fat will shrink and atrophy in the first few months. It's a good idea you are planning to lose some weight before surgery as this will give you a better outcome.
Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I have done many Brazilian Butt lift procedures and specialize in body contouring.  The amount of enhancement possible depends on how much fat can be harvested from your body. For optimal results, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Weight Loss or Gain Prior to Fat Transfer

The less anticipated weight fluctuations you expect after surgery, the less variables you will have that could potentially impact your results. If you have your fat transfer and THEN lose 15-20 pounds, it is possible that a significant amount of your transferred volume will appear lost. I have had patients that decided to lose weight after surgery, and this did impact the appearance of the ultimate volume transferred. 
Although the transferred fat cells are still there after weight loss, they are smaller and contribute less volume to the area. I would talk to your plastic surgeon about your ideal weight and aesthetic goals; the two of you can then develop a plan that makes the most sense for you. 
As far as the total volume of fat removed, that is a discussion best had with your plastic surgeon who has examined you. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons recommends a maximum lipoaspirate volume of 5 Liters for outpatient surgery; if you and/or your surgeon are planning on more than this, you may benefit from an overnight stay. Patients with a higher BMI can likely tolerate more volume removal without necessarily increasing complication rates.

Ashley B. Robey, MD