Will ThermiVal work for a 69 years old?

ThermiVa

Age is not a contract-indication for ThermiVa treatments. Wether or not this is the correct treatment for you depends what the problem is. ThermiVa works especially well for issues that post-menopausal women have like vaginal dryness, vaginal laxity, orgasmic dysfunction and some forms of urinary incontinence. Make sure that you get evaluated by a experienced physician to address your specific issues. Good luck.

Livingston Physician

ThermiVA and age

Your age is not a contraindication to the procedure. The main question is what symptom  you are trying to treat and the severity of that concern. 

I would speak to a doctor who is experience in this treatment who can guide you through your concerns and guide you on which treatment may be best for you. There is almost zero risk to this treatment, but it has to make sense to you. I would foresee that non-surgical options such ThermiVA become a more popular option for women based on the results that I am currently seeing in my practice. I hope this answer was helpful.

Cheri Ong, MD, FACS

ThermiVa and Age

Thank you for your question. ThermiVa is a non invasive painless vaginal rejuvenation method for woman who want to rejuvenate their vaginal tissues and muscles without surgery. ThermiVa can improve sensation, moisture, laxity, and even improve mild incontinence. Postmenopausal woman who are candidates for ThermiVa can have great benefit. I would recommend an in person exam to determine candidacy.

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

YES YES

We love performing these procedures on out more mature population.  We always get fantastic improvement in all many areas of vaginal health such as atrophy, dryness, decrease risk of infection as well as bladder control...I would most certainly recommend looking into the procedure.

ThermiVa

Yes!!! ThermiVa is the perfect treatment for 69 year old women. Many of ThermiVa's benefits pertain to post menopausal women.   For example less urinary leakage, an increase in sex drive, response to sexual stimuli, and an increase in vaginal lubrication.  So many great benefits for a 69 year old woman.  Women much older than you have been treated with the ThermiVa and have done quite well.  I highly recommend it!   

Janet M. Neigel, MD
Livingston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Does age matter for ThermiVa

ThermiVa patients are finding benefits of this treatment regardless of age.  The procedure lasts only 30 minutes, is essentially pain free, and has no downtime.

Camille Cash, MD

Thermiva and Age

ThermiVa has been shown to provide great results for most, regardless of age. ThermiVa safely transfers heat via radiofrequency to affected tissues, in this case being the external and internal vaginal tissues. Radiofrequency treatments have long been used for muscle and tissue healing by promoting new collagen production which leads to softer, tighter tissues. Again, this technology works regardless of age.

Ideal Candidates for ThermiVA

Hi and thank you for your question! 
We have performed ThermiVa on women even in their 80's. There is no reason why age should be a factor. The factors to be taken into consideration are related to the severity of symptoms. If incontinence is severe, this patient is not the ideal candidate. Not to say they wont get improvement, but this treatment is ideal for patients with mild to moderate incontinence. Similar to any other treatment we do to stimulate collagen, the older patient will often respond somewhat slower and/or less dramatically than the younger patient. With that said, our patients in the 70-80's have reported impressive results and changes and are very satisfied with their results! 
Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

THERMIva

Thank you for your question. THERMIva absolutely does work for postmenopausal women. This technology uses temperature controlled radiofrequency (RF) energy to comfortably heat the tissue. This gentle heating restores the tissue and results are typically noticed immediately after the first treatment. Most patients receive between 1 – 3 treatments depending on their needs. If you are interested in having the treatment, please consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has experience with this technology.

Will thermival work for a 69 year old?

Thermiva can give excellent result for post menopausal women.  We have seen improved sensation, decreased pain, increases sex drive, increased sexual response and decrease urinary leakage in our post menopausal patients.  Good luck!