Would surgery be necessary to correct stomach damage due to two cesarean sections? (Photo)

I have alot of excess skin, and i was told by my ob that u should not try to exercise my abdomen muscles. While lying on my back, i can see my innards raise and move. Ut is also extremely difficult for me to exercise due to my aquagenic urticaria. Please please please, help me figure out my best option.

For a flat stomach a tuck is...

If your goal is a flat firm abdomen then you will need a tummy tuck. The excess skin can be removed and the muscle coverings can be tightened to bring back your tone. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lipoabdominoplasty and hernia repair

You would greatly benefit from a lipoabdominoplasty or tummy tuck to remove the excess skin.  This will also plicate your rectus muscles to correct your diastasis.  At the same time you will need a hernia repair because you appear to have an umbilical hernia.  

Bulging tummy

From your photos you look like you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck with plication of your rectus or abdomuinal muscles.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck May Help Repair Damage From A C-Section

Thank you for your question and pictures.  A tummy tuck which can tighten your muscles and remove excess skin will help your situation.  You may also have a hernia which may need to be addressed at the time of surgery as well.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with experience to help guide you.   

Brian Joseph, MD

Tummy tuck

You appear to have very loose skin and most likely rectus diastasis from having children.

I would recommend a full tummy tuck with muscle plication.

The best way to assess and give true advice would an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Would surgery be necessary to correct stomach damage due to 2 c sections?

You are definately a candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle repair of the rectus (6 pack) muscle . what I can't tell from a photo alone is how much muscle damage exists from your pregnancies. You may require a more extensive abdominal wall repair requiring synthetic mesh material.Only a consult from a board certified plastic surgeon would resolve this issue. best of luck!

William Lambeth, MD (retired)
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

#Tummytuck can help repair the #abdomen after childbirth/C-sections

As always, an in-person consultation is necessary to give you definitive recommendations but for patients of mine that have complaints like yours, I offer a full tummy tuck with muscle repair. When we have babies, our rectus abdominus muscles (6-pack muscles) will separate from the midline to allow room for the baby to grow.  Although they return somewhat to a more normal position after birth, in most women they don't  completely return to the middle.  This leaves women with a weakness in the abdominal wall which causes the pouch commonly seen and also increases the width of the waistline.  In addition, the vast majority of women also have loose skin after birth as well.  A tummy tuck not only removes the excess skin but also tightens the lax muscles like an internal corset to help flatten the tummy and trim the waistline.  The scar can be positioned fairly low in most cases so as to hide it under garments/bathing suits and with time they typically fade and are not too perceptible. I put all of my patients on a post-surgical scar program as well which can include scar massage, taping, sun protection, and a series of laser treatments. Please make sure that you consult with board certified/eligible plastic surgeons for best recommendations. Good luck!

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty- is recoomended

Based on your photos you appear to be a great candidate for abdominoplasty ( tummy tuck) to remove the excess skin and fat, and tighten the muscles.  That will help you improve the appearance of your abdomen and improve your lifestyle. For more info you can read here:

Would surgery be necessary to correct stomach damage due to two cesarean sections?

Based on your photos but without an examination, you appear anatomically to be a candidate for a full tummy tuck with repair of the stretched abdominal wall musculature t is difficult to tell whether you are a good candidate without a physical examination and complete medical history. It would depend on your anatomical findings, motivation, realistic expectations, and whether you are finished having children. Breast surgery could be performed whether you decide to become pregnant again or not. An abdominoplasty, either a full “tummy tuck” or a shorter incision modified procedure should be delayed until you have finished all of your pregnancies.

Weight within 10 pounds of your ideal should not have any effect on your long term results.

If a member of my family underwent these procedures, they would be performed by an experienced plastic surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. If you are serious about undergoing these procedures, you should have a thorough consultation with a plastic surgeon having those credentials, who will fully explain what is entailed in the procedures, including both the positives and potential problems. You should be complimented on the fact that you are seeking valid information before jumping into any procedure.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal wall repair during abdominoplasty for problems from previous C-section.

Almost always an abdominoplasty will remove the scar from the C-section and repair any abdominal wall issues that were the result of the pregnancy.