Is it possible that during surgery abdominal muscle was over stretched? (photos)

I had TT with muscle repair and lipo 2 months ago When I came out of surgery a noticed a bulge on left side and also felt like ripping inside of my left side . 10 weeks later and still feel same pulling ripping sensation to the point that I need to wear my Compresion garment all the time , and the swelling doesn't seem to go down. What could that be ? My whole left side feels weird I still cannot go to gym or do any cardio due to this

Tightness at 2 months post-op isn’t uncommon.

Thank you for your question and photos. The feelings you’re describing aren’t necessarily indicative of a problem at only 10 weeks post-op. When the abdominal muscles are tightened during a tummy tuck, it can take several months for the body to adjust and for all discomfort to subside. Also, keep in mind that two sides of the abdominal muscles aren’t identical and can heal differently and at different times. So, it’s possible for one side to be more sore and for a longer period of time after a tummy tuck. Without examining you in person, it’s impossible to determine if the pulling sensation and discomfort you’re describing is a normal part of the healing process or a sign of something more serious. Schedule a follow-up appointment with your plastic surgeon as soon as possible to ensure everything is healthy and healing properly.  

Folsom Plastic Surgeon

Is my muscle over stretched?

After muscle repair it's common to feel a strong twinge in your abdomen. Sometimes, it's one side more than the other or even in the center. If you still feel like there is an issue and think there may be a cause for concern, contact your board certified plastic surgeon for an in person evaluation.

Thank you for your question and for sharing your pictures! Happy healing!

Melinda Lacerna, MD FACS

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Is it possible that during surgery abdominal muscle was over stretched?

It is not uncommon to feel the "pulling" and "tight" sensation at 2 mo post-op. Without in person exam and knowing the details of your surgery- it is difficult to comment accurately. Best, to follow up with your Operating Surgeon.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Unfortunately, without an in person assessment it is difficult to say what may be going on. I recommend visiting your chosen surgeon. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD