Staged Reduction mammoplasty /prophylactic nipple-sparing mastectomy? (Full 32b, 11.25 bw, stg 1 ptosis, 40 yrs, no children)

I'm a candidate for NSM (stg 4 dense breasts, mother bc 2x) & would like to be smaller (full 32b to sm b). I want less projection (moderate implant) Can I do a staged reduction mammoplasty & then NSM? I understand insurance wouldn't cover the reduction, & am ok w/ paying. I've read studies about staging - mostly for d cup+ (ex: Dr. Scott Spears), but am not finding much before/afters w/ doctors who have done this. One option: Proceed w/ a reduction on my own and wait (a yr?) out for NSM?

Staged reduction and NSM

This is a good option for patients that would like to go smaller like yourself and not loose your nipple areola complex (NAC).  One year between procedures should be enough so that the NAC does not loose vascularity from the mastectomy, but this is a risk in these procedures that needs to be considered.  We have performed this procedure successfully in my practice.  

Nipple sparing mastectomy after a breast reduction

It would be much easier to answer this question in person.  The difference between a full B and a small B is typically not that large, and you may be able to get this with an immediate implant reconstruction. 

It's best to seek an opinion from an experienced breast reconstrucdtion plastic surgeon to evaluate your options and your goals.

Roxanne Sylora, MD

Breast Reconstruction

Agree, there is no need for staging and doing a reduction mammoplasty then a nipple sparing mastectomy.
an in person evaluation and discussion of your needs with the plastic surgeon and the breast surgeon. Evaluation of the skin, position of the nipple and the best method of reconstruction. Immediate to implant reconstruction if desired.

If even considering NSM than why do a reduction? Plus you did not pot photos so can not advise. Best to seek ONLY in person opinions...