Is soreness in inframammary incisions 2 days after augmentation normal?

I had a breast augmentation on Monday July 13th and today I have felt very sore in my incision site. I am hoping it's just because my surgical bra is pressing against it but I am really worried about getting an infection. I can't take my bandages off until my post op on the 7/20 so I have no way of knowing how my incisions are doing. Is soreness normal?

Breast augmentation pot op care

2 days post op I would say yes this is normal. However the incision should be examined to ensure its integrity. 

Soreness is normal after surgery, you should take the analgesics indicated by your surgeon.

As I tell every one, keep a close communication with your surgeon at all times, and do all the post surgical measures indicated.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Soreness post aug

This is normal and I would suggest cushioning your incisions so your bra doesn't create too much pressure.Also you could monitor your temp.If in doubt see your surgeon.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Is soreness at incision site normal two days after breast augmentation?

Soreness at the incision site two days after breast augmentation is normal. I recommend however, that you contact your plastic surgeon to share your concerns. He or she may want you to come in to meet earlier than Monday. Best wishes.

Karen Singer, MD

Soreness in inframammary incision after breast augmentation

Soreness is normal two days after surgery, but you want to make sure there is no undue amount of pressure from the bra. It is best to go be checked in person by your plastic surgeon.You and he/she will have peace of mind. Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Soreness 2 days following surgery is normal but I would suggest you checking in with your surgeon. His or her office is your best resource at this time. good luck, Dean Vistnes. 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

It is normal and expected

Soreness in infra mammary incision is normal two days after surgery.  However it is better idea to check with your own surgeon when there are postoperative concerns.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Pain two days after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Soreness at the incision site 2 days post operatively is to be expected. I do not feel you have reason to be concerned.

Soreness At Incision #BreastAugmentation

From your description, this seems normal. However, you should always have your concerns checked with your surgeon. Most infections would not be evident this early and pain is expected. 

Continue to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you progress as planned.
Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Pain in the infra mammary incision two days after breast augmentation is quite normal.

Pain in in incision after breast augmentation of today's is normal. Infection with breast augmentation is very rare and would not be possible two days postop.