What size implants would look best with a lift? (Photo)

I have decided that I am going to get a breast lift within the year, however, I wanted to get implants first. Judging by my frame size, what would give me a nice fill look? I was looking at 450 cc's but didn't know if that would be too big. I would like for my breasts to look large and natural rather than like "implants". I am going to do implants now and wait 6-12 months until I am healed to get a lift.

Breast implant sizing

Hi and thanks for the question and photos. I agree with staging your procedure. The size of the implant is really based on the dimensions of your body and the look that you want. The best way to size your implant is to communicate exactly what you want to look like to your PS and have them measure you. The key factors are the diameter of your chest and the amount of projection desired from the implant. Those numbers determine the volume of your implant. Best of Luck - Dr Hardy

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implant

I do not think you will find a surgeon to do your operations in the order you stated. It is not logical. My recommendation would to do both at the same time. I put the implants in and at the same surgery lift and reshape the breast tissue on the implants so I can see the final result on the table. 450 is a large implant but may work it your breast dimensions allow. Find a surgeon who does a lot of aug/lifts.. Good luck.

Breast lift or breast lift with implants

Based on your photographs, I recommend 2 surgical options to achieve your desired result. First, a breast lift to raise the nipple and remove excess skin of the breast, followed by augmentation 6 months later under the muscle (dual plane technique). Second, a breast lift with implant at the same time. 

I do not recommend placing an implant first, as you will have a marked contour deformity and your breast tissue will be sliding off the implant. Some surgeons recommend this approach (implants first) to allow the implant to settle and asses if a lift is needed, but in your case, a lift is very likely.

In terms of size of implant, I recommend a moderate profile implant, about 400-450 mL. A high profile is an option, but will be quite projected and may not look natural, as you desire. Also, a higher profile implant is risker when you perform a simultaneous breast lift with implant.

As always, please go see a board certified plastic surgeon to consult and answer your questions. Best of luck!

What size implants would look best with a lift?

I would never put implants in your breast at this time. They will not in my opinion-look good. I would do the lift- a real full anchor lift- and live with it for 3-6 months. If at that time- you wish to have more volume- then you are in a perfect position to do so. Implants alone in your breast now- will look like " a rock in a sock".

Do lift first, then implants, or do them together

I have added a link that might be helpful...

Hi bam07d.  Thanks for sharing photos.  Please consider doing the lift and the implants at the same time so that you have one anesthetic, one recovery, one period off work etc.  It is safe and common to do so.  Using a high profile 450 cc implant, below the muscle, will add cleavage and lift and is a good choice--you would be around a full D to DD likely.  Of course, an in person examination and measurements is the only way to know for sure.  Placing implants first under the muscle will create a displeasing, double fullness (implant up top, breast tissue below), while placing implants above the muscle may stretch the tissue and cause more sagging.  If you feel strongly about staging the procedures, do the lift first to get the right shape to your breasts and make the nipples even, then worry about fullness later.  Be sure to use an ABPS certified Plastic Surgeon and talk to their patients who have done the procedures combined so that you can be reassured. Good luck!

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicone implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 400ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Lift

If you could only do one thing, do the lift first. The reason for this is your droopiness is so severe that if you put an implant in without a lift you will not get a pretty result. 

For more information please see the attached video. We do offer complimentary consultations (813) 872-2696. I hope you find this information useful.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Lift/Implants

If you wish to stage your surgery( which is a safer approach in terms of healing risks and results), you should do the lift first. It will create the shape/symmetry/position of breast that you want fuller/larger. Then you can better decide which implant will best meet your goals.
If you only did an implant first, the cosmetic result would be VERY unacceptable.

Many patients and surgeons would elect to do the lift and implants in a one stage surgery but there is nothing wrong with two, just the order should be changed.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation/lifting surgery. There's certainly nothing wrong with a two-stage approach; in my practice, I would offer you the breast lifting operation first, followed by a second stage breast augmentation procedure.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “large and natural” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation /lifting surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue, have a great day!!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD