Sitting on a boppy pillow after 3 weeks

I started sitting on a boppy pillow after 3 weeks because I had to go back to work. Will this affect my results or has the fat already settled where it's gonna be at ?

BBL aftercare, sitting.

Thank you for your question. Every surgeon will have his/her own preferences as to recovery for specific procedures. Postoperatively, no specific position is indicated and we do not have any sitting restrictions.  The pressure caused by sitting is not sufficient to affect viability of the fat cells and so the postsurgical position depends basically on comfort and any other operations that have been performed. Best is to follow your chosen surgeon's instructions. 

Thank you for your question.It is important to consult with your surgeon about your post-operative instructions, as each surgeon has slightly different post-operative protocols. I recommend to my patients that they do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon