Scarring/double bubble? (Photo)

I have had these implants for 7 years. This was a revision. These are 475CC under the muscle. My first implants were over the muscle with severe rippling. As in the photos my right breast has always been my problem breast, after surgery years ago I noticed this line but didn't think anything about it now after 7 years it seems to be somewhat worse. Just curious to what it could be? I always thought it was just scarring under my very thin skin. Any advise would be appreciated.

Double bubble

Sorry for you.
You did not have this when your implants were on top of the muscle.
You have this with your implants under the muscle.
Sometimes one and one equals two.
The lower part of the implant is only covered with skin.
The crease line that you see is the lower border of your breast tissue attached to the muscle which is now on top of the implant.
You can be helped...see diagram image two on the reference page.

Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Is this a double bubble deformity or a scar?

I have seen and treated this deformity over the years in my practice.  Without a full examination, however, one can't  be certain of the cause of this shape abnormality.  I would encourage your local Plastic Surgeon to spend time with you to consult with you.

There is a new style of breast silicone implant referred to as the tear drop shape,form stable Model 410 implant that may just work properly for you, but  other options may need to be considered.  It may also be necessary to downsize your implants to a smaller volume.  Be prepared to discuss all of this with your chosen Plastic Surgeon.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Double bubble

It looks like you have a double bubble which may indicate that the original breast fold was released.  Best to be evaluated in person.  

Double bubble

On your photographs, the right breast does appear to have a double bubble configuration. Without an in person examination, it's difficult to ascertain what the repair would entail. Sometimes it's making more of a muscle release and other times it's pulling the muscle back down by attaching it to an ADM such as Strattice which is then sewn to the bottom of the breast pocket. Your plastic surgeon will be the best source of information since he or she will now what was done in the first place. Good luck with your anticipated revision.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS