How do I get rid of the lines by the side of my mouth when I smile? They appear only when I smile (Photo)

I have a pretty round facial structure. I am 5'6 and 148 pounds, so would weight loss get rid of it? I just want to know if there are any options out there to get rid of them. I pulled my cheek out in the last photo on one side so you could see what I would prefer it to look like. I'm 20 by the way, so I don't think age is the issue.

Mouth lines

A filler like Belotero or Volbella would work well for the areas of your concern. I would find a reputable injector for treatment if you choose to proceed.

Lines by side of mouth when I smile

You could consider having conservative filler injected into the lines.  I would only use an HA filler such as Juvederm or Restylane.  The goal would be to soften the lines, not to completely eliminate them.

Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Smiling and Lines

Those lines that you don't like are more like "dimples" and difficult to inject.  You can have a small amount of filler carefully placed but I would not be very aggressive about trying to correct these smile lines.  Best, Dr. Green

Smile lines

These are generally difficult to treat but sometimes a light filler and very minute doses of botox (needs an experienced practitioner) can help.

Firas Al-Niaimi, MSc
London Dermatologist