Restylane or juvederm?

Is restylane is good good choice for tear trough area. Or juvederm is better

Restylane for Tear Troughs

Thank you for sharing your question. In my practice, I prefer to use to Restylane to address the tear trough area. Juvederm tends to attract water and can cause excess swelling and puffiness, which does not look natural. I also prefer to inject under eye filler using the microcannnula technique, which is essentially bruise-less and minimizes the number of needle sticks necessary during the procedure. Please consult with an experienced injector who can evaluate you in person and make specific recommendations for your under eyes. Best of luck!

Restylane or juvederm?

I'm a fan of Restylane or Restylane Silk for under eye treatments. The product is thinner so it would give you a natural result. 
Kenneth Hughes M.D

Restylane Injections

Great question!  I usually recommend Restylane in the tear trough area because of its excellent and immediate results. Patients can begin to enjoy their results right after their treatment, and by using the blunt cannula approach to injecting, they have very little to no bruising. It’s always my goal to make sure that my patients are as comfortable as possible during their treatment, and that they have little to no downtime afterwards. Injecting Restylane with the blunt cannula approach allows be to provide my patients with amazing results in the tear trough area. Belotero can be a good alternative for thin skinned and very fair skinned individuals but does not last as long as Restylane. I would be happy to talk to you about the benefits of Restylane injections in more detail during a consultation. Good luck!

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Restylane or juvederm?

Restylane® and Belotero® are considered the best tear troughs fillers currently FDA-approved (for use elsewhere on the face). A tear trough   injections are an advanced technique, please consult a board certified aestehtic dermatologist for a consultation. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Tear Trough Fillers

Thank you for your question. I typically prefer Restylane to this area but it does depend on individual candidacy. I also prefer using the microcannula to this area for safety and reduced risk of bruising.

Dr. Kathleen Morno

Fillers in Tear Trough

While tear troughs are "off-label" (there are no fillers specifically indicated for this area), most injectors do place fillers when there's significant hollowing.  Restylane tends to work better in this area compared to Juvederm due to it's characteristic in that it is not as hydrophilic (water absorbing), so it doesn't swell as much on days that you are retaining water/are bloated.  Since undereyes are thin and delicate, you need a product that doesn't swell up as much down the line (first couple of weeks you may have significant swelling, but then it should settle)  My recommendation for most of my patients for the undereyes is restylane.

Belotero for tear troughs

I prefer Belotero for the tear troughs and inject both superficial and deep to the muscle using a cannula and a "sandwich" technique. I don't like Juvederm in this area. Many people use Restylane for tear troughs. Both Restylane and Restylane Silk will cause more swelling then Belotero.

Under Eye Injections

I prefer Restylane or Belotero under the eyes.  I find Juvederm much too thick and hydrophilic for the delicate under eye area.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Tear Trough Fillers - Restylane, Belotero, Voluma

Personally, I am not a fan of using Juvederm in the tear trough area. I love voluma  to this area but use belotero and Restylane silk more superfically. Please consult with an experienced board certified dermatologist for a consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

Restyle vs juvederm tear trough

Restylane causes less swelling in the year trough area va juvederm. Some patients still get swelling though even with Restylane. Tyndall should never be a problem if the injector places the filler in the right place. A cannula is very effective for reducing a chance of under eye bruising with filler. Hope this helps,
Dr. R

Morgan Rabach, MD