Recommendations for SEVERE Under Eye Circles and Rhinoplasty. (photos)

I have SEVERE dark circles around my eyes. Was born with them. I believe it's heredity. I absolutely HATE them and have been very self conscious for most of my life. Until discovering RealSelf, didn't think there was much I could do about it. I usually do not leave the house without makeup to cover. I am also considering rhinoplasty. So I would appreciate your recommendations.

Dark under eye circles and desire for rhinoplasty

You have significant contour deficiency of the malar (under-eye cheek) regions of your face.  Improving this area will require addition of volume, most effectively provided by cheek implants.

For nasal improvements I would recommend an open rhinoplasty with ear cartilage grafts.  This will refine your tip for improved facial aesthetics. 

Both procedures, cheek augmentation with implants and cosmetic rhinoplasty, can safely be performed at the same time.

Be sure to consult a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who has a great deal of experience with these types of procedures.  A comprehensive portfolio of his/her pre- and post-op pictures will help you assess his/her expertise.

Recommendations for SEVERE Under Eye Circles and Rhinoplasty.

The photos can be deceiving, therefore an in person evaluation is best. Your nose can be improved with certain techniques in a hands an experienced Board  Certified PS. The dark circles can be best evaluated in person and can be possibly addressed with non-surgical/ or surgical treatments 

Under eye circles and rhinoplasty

Great question, and thank you for your pictures.  Part of the reason why you have noted the circles under your eyes, and have noted them for a long time, is because of the underlying structure of the cheek bones.  Based on the pictures you sent, the combination of a lower eyelid blepharoplasty to help get rid of some of the bag as well as fat grafting to the cheeks to give them a natural lift would give you optimal result in my opinion.  It is a very nice combination that gives you a long lasting, natural result.  As far as the nose is concerned, more definition along the nasal tip, narrowing the nostrils and giving you a natural nose that fits your face is certainly plausible. That being said, it would be most important to examine you in order to fully determine what you would be a good candidate for.  I have patients with similar concerns who are happy with filler to the under eyes and midface, others who want something more permanent.  Same with the nose.  I, particularly in rhinoplasty, see my role more as a guide than as an instructor.  You should discuss what changes you would like to see in your nose, and your doc should be able to guide you and help you find what would fit your face without changing who you are.  Good luck on your consultations! I hope some of this helps. 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Open rhinoplasty and cost, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD