Raising Hemoglobin and Iron Safety?

Today I checked my hemoglobin and it was a 12.0. My goal is to raise it to 13.5 within 3 weeks. Is this goal realistic? I am taking 18mg of iron 2x per day, along with folic acid, vitamin b12, and plenty of vitamin C. How much iron is safe to take each day? Can I take 18mg 3x per day? Or more???? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Treating Anemia

Before embarking on taking huge doses of supplements it is always advisable to first be worked up for the reason for YOUR anemia because not all anemia a are caused by failure to take in or absorb enough IRon or Bit. B12. You should be evaluated by a Hematologist to see if you are not producing enough blood or may be slowly bleeding which could explain the difficulty in correcting your anemia. 
Dt. Peter A. AldeaMemphis, TN