What procedure would you recommend if only my left implant falls into my armpit? Surgery date: 6/30/14 problem since day 1

Since the surgery I complained that there was severe pain in my left armpit to breast area. I hate to the name of my Dr. So I won't but I will tell u he brushed my problem off, blamed it on gravity, wouldn't allow me to lay down to show him & worst of all made me feel like I was taking up his time. We discussed a lift but once again he blew me off & told me this might even not help. A redo surgery with a larger high profile implant & internal sutures & mesh to correct the pocket.

Implant problem

Hello, it sounds like you feel that your questions and concerns are not being addressed by your current surgeon.  If you have already discussed the issue several times and are still dissatisfied, perhaps getting a second opinion with another experienced PS would help.

Implant left armpit

Without seeing photos it is hard but from you say it sounds like you need to have the pocket oin the left breast revised.It souds like your surgeon is not very accomadating so maybe some nice reviews about your expereince may help.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Secondary surgery

I would do a capsullorhaphy like the other doctors , but I would also suggest a textured implant. I thinkthey are less likely to redrift

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question and experience.  It sounds as if your left implant is suffering with a malposition issue with the pocket that it is in being too large towards the side of your chest. This is allowing it to slide off when lying down.  Repair involves a number of possible techniques but revolves around having to narrow the width of the pocket through the use of sutures or an internal scaffold.  If your surgeon is unable to discuss these options with you, seek a second opinion with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Hope this helps.

left implant falls into my armpit?

Lateral displacement of the implants is common for patient who truly want a natural breast. Large natural breasts fall into the armpit area even if they are D cups. Most augmentation patients do not want this look however. It can be corrected very simply with a capsulorraphy. I have done this for years with sutures but recently my younger partner showed my a technique of "popcorn" cauterization that is amazing. See your surgeon or get a second opinion. This can easily be fixed.  Good luck. 

Robert Graper, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

A lateral capsularraphy with or without  ACD matrix. Best to seek many in person opinions. Fees in $5,000 ranges....

Breast implant falls into my armpit?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery.
Although some “falling to these sides” of breast implants is quite normal when you lie down, if this occurs “excessively”, it may be a concern to patients. This phenomenon is called lateral displacement of the breast implant; it may be of concern from the visual and the discomfort standpoints. Surgical correction is an option.

Generally, the lateral breast implant displacement can be corrected using an internal suture technique, decreasing the size of the pockets and moving the implants toward the midline. In my practice, I use a 2 layered suture technique to close off the space laterally (towards the axilla). The use of acellular dermal matrix is an option ( although not usually necessary) especially if significant implant rippling/palpability is present. Also, the use of a larger/wider breast implant may help improve/decrease the space between the breast implants.  
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to this specific type of revisionary breast surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Implant malposition

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear about your problems. Implants, especially large ones can move towards the armpits when lying down, especially if the "pocket" was dissected too much in that area. It can be corrected by performing internal sutures "capsulorrhaphy" sometimes requiring mesh reinforcement as well. I hope that helps to answer your question.  Best, Dr. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon