Primary was 11 yrs ago. Would collapsed middle vault get worse as I age? (Photo)

Hello Doctors, I have an inverted V deformity and a middle vault collapsed with bone or cartilage poking out through my thin skin (photo is attached), I also have a small bump( I think it is cartilage and scar tissue) on greater Alar Cartilage on the left, luckily not very visible.. If I don't get a revision, would the poked cartilage or bone perforate my thin skin and the bump get any bigger? is revision recommended for this case? Thank you

Nasal Collapse after Rhinoplasty

It is possible tat you nose could collapse more as time goes on. A revision will be necessary to improve both function and appearance. You can have that surgery now or wait to see if it does get worse; that is your choice.

Primary was 11 yrs ago. Would collapsed middle vault get worse as I age?

Changes after Rhinoplasty can continue for sometime. The best advice is for you to have an in person consultation with a qualified and experienced Board Certified PS. Also, the operative report- if available- would be helpful. Armed with this information- in the right hands- a plan of action can be created.

Revision rhinoplasty procedure

Revision rhinoplasty is difficult than a primary rhinoplasty, so it's very important to choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. A full set of photographs and an in-person examination are usually required due to the difficulty of Revision thinoplasty. The inverted V. deformity is treated with a combination of low osteotomies placed in the nasal bones and spreader grafts placed underneath the concave upper lateral cartilages.  The Dorsal irregularities can be filed down.  For more information  and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Revision Rhinoplasty

The question is:  do you want to live with this nose for the rest of your life?  If the answer is "no," then my best advice would be to go to a board certified plastic surgeon with many years of experience in revision rhinoplasty.  Read his or her reviews, and arrange for a consultation.  Upon examination, the surgeon will be able to give you expert advice on whether a revision rhinoplasty would be appropriate.