Post Op satisfaction and dissatisfaction! (photos)

Satisfied because of how they look. I feel they look pretty and settling like they should Dissatisfied, because because I wanted to go up to 450cc and I understand what all the docs here said they don't feel big enough. I wanted a little bigger (big C or small D) I feel like I got a C possibly full B. I wish I would of gone 475 even. Question is, what is the process to get them done. Would a doctor charge full price to redo them even though I was clear on the actual size I wanted?

Reasons Many Seek Breast Revision Surgery

The most common reason women seek breast implant #revisions are to change their implant #size, and, capsular contracture . Capsular Contracture occurs in about 5-10% of breast #aumentation patients. However, only a small number of these patients experience pain or visual issues that actually require correction.  Additional matters of concern which many seek a revision are malposition of the implant, changes in shape and size following pregnancy, weight change and also #deflation or #rupture of an #implant. Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Post-op result

It appears you achieved a very good natural result. Your surgeon likely picked an implant size that fit your chest dimensions well and would deliver the appearance you wanted. going from 450 to 475 is not a big difference, essentially a shot glass. If you are a full size different than your desired size, you will have to move towards a 550-600 range implant. As for cost, only your surgeon will possibly cut you a break on a redo. 

Post Op satisfaction and dissatisfaction!

The best way to address this is to return to your Operating Surgeon and discuss your concerns an possible redo with costs. Keep in mind that companies do not make bras based on Plastic Surgery procedures. Focus on how you look and how you feel. And then, whatever bra fits is the bra the you are going to wear. Without physical exam- and reviewing the operative report- it's difficult to give the best answer.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Any boarded PS would charge facility, anesthesia, implant fees. Ranges from $4,000 to $6,000. Might recommend 550 cc's

Concerns after breast augmentation surgery…

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment with the results of the breast surgery.  Policy regarding coverage of expenses for revisionary surgery will vary from office to office and probably on a case-by-case basis as well.  For example, costs of revisionary surgery may range from full fees, anesthesia/surgery center fees only,  and/or discounted surgeon's fees.

In situations like this, I suggest patients communicate their concerns in a calm and constructive fashion; this form communication tends to be much more effective than confrontational communication. Communicate your goals in terms of an overall look, not achieving a specific cup size.  The use of visual aids (goal photos) can be very helpful.

The good news: revisionary breast surgery to increase breast size is often associated with very minimal discomfort and much less of a recovery experience compared to first-time breast augmentation surgery.

Best wishes; hopefully through courteous/respectful communication you and your plastic surgeon will be able to work out a plan to achieve your goals.