Nose tip still slightly over rotated upwards 9 months post rhinoplasty , will this change? (photos)

Hello and thank you in advance for your time. I had closed rhinoplasty about 9months ago. I'm not completely dissatisfied with my nose, however, when I look at my profile as a whole I feel like my nose looks a bit "piggish". My nose seems like it was overly shortened in my opinion. I do feel my nose tip is still hard, does this mean it may drop more?

Revision, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns about your Rhinoplasty with us.

Congratulations for having patience and wait more than six months PO, which is the recommended time allowed to make judgments of value and be precise and accurate.

After having analyzed all the info and photos provided to us, i recommend to perform a Secondary Rhinoplasty (not a tip revision) this means (basically) treat the nasal bones and the nasal cartilages.
Therefore i would perform a narrowing of the nasal base (nose osteotomy) and alar and triangular cartilage shaping.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Rhinoplasty at 9 months

It is difficult to assess your nose without seeing preops. The nose is likely still swollen at 9 months. 

Drop of nasal tip

The nasal tip might drop over the next few months.  After 1 year it is unlikely to change much.  At that point if you want more definition in the tip and more projection, you can undergo revision rhinoplasty that would include cartilage grafts.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. I do not see the "piggish" look at this angle, but I recommend that you remain patient because you may experience some changes in the final few months of your recovery. Please consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon as well.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Closed rhinoplasty

Thank you for the picture! It would be much easier to give you an assessment if there was a "pre" picture, just to get an idea of where you started.  However, depending on what kind of work was done on your nasal tip and what maneuvers were done to give it more definition, you may still have some dropping to go.  How much it will drop is tough to say, again, it all depends on what was done during the surgery.  That being said, the fact that the tip feels "hard" means that it is still healing.  As always, when in doubt it is best to go to the office of your PS and have him examine you to ensure that things are going according to plan.  Rhinoplasty can be a long road, and their job is not only to do the surgery, but also guide you through the recovery process as well.  Hang in there!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose tip still slightly over rotated upwards 9 months post rhinoplasty , will this change?

Might try HA filler to hump indentation to see if this re rotates nose to a more pleasing angle. Fee $1,000.

Rhinoplasty is the most challenging surgery to master mostly because the surgeon needs to plan both for the immediate result as well as for the longterm future appearance and function of the nose. I equate it with a quarterback throwing a pass; the pass should be in the right direction aimed at the target player, but the rotation and speed of the ball should account for factors such as wind speed, as well as the direction  and speed of the receiver. In rhinoplasty, rotation of the tip can be achieved via multiple maneuvers, all of which require at least 1 year to fully translate into a final result. With that being said, it is impossible to provide you with any degree of expectation regarding whether your tip will continue to rotate up or instead begin to turn downwards without knowing which maneuvers your surgeon performed. I would comment that your nose does appear sightly over-rotated, but that other features enhance this apparent overrotation. Firstly, the tip defining point isn't well defined to begin with, and this blunting of the tip can create an illusion that the tip is  excessively rotated. Secondly, there appears to be a mild polybeak deformity developing, which also blunts the tip and makes it seem more rotated. The good news are that most rhinoplasty techniques weaken the tip supporting mechanisms and, together with father time, tend to push towards an eventual downward rotation of the tip. Often this requires longer than one year. I would also expect you to have scar tissue formation in the tip, which causes the nose to feel hard, this is normal for at least 1 year post-op. Your surgeon may want to consider a mild steroid injection into the supratip to help decrease the polybeak, which is very mild, and potentially allow for better tip definition and downward rotation. Your original surgeon is in the best position to assist you and provide you with guidance on your concerns, I would not recommend even considering any surgical intervention until least after the first year has lapsed. Best of luck!

Danny Soares, MD
Clermont Facial Plastic Surgeon