Does this mole look like it could be nodular melanoma? (photos)

It's very squishy and soft, not firm at all. Going to the doctor later this month, but curious if I should request an urgent appointment.

Is this melanoma?

Thanks for your question.

There is a variety of melanoma called a desmoplastic melanoma that can have this appearance.  If your mole is itchy, bleeding, you have a family history of melanoma, or you have had blistering sunburns in your youth, it is more likely to be a melanoma. I would recommend an excisional biopsy (taken right out) of the mole to really make the diagnosis.Hope this helps!

British Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Is this melanoma?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thanks for your question.

British Columbia Plastic Surgeon