Mini tummy tuck or floater tummy tuck? (photos)

I had a bbl and when I sit the loose skin shows I have it below my bellow button please tell me if I'm a Canadate for a mini or floater tummy tuck because I'm being told I'm not a candidate for a mini and I kno that's a lie

Tummy tuck/liposuction

You can benefit  from a full tummy tuck and liposuction of back and bra roll for a great result. Best of luck!

DrDerby

Thank you for your question and the photo. Looking at the size of the roll of skin that you would like to have removed i would go for a full Tummy Tuck because it will give you the best results. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Full tummy tuck

The amount of excess skin typically determines the length of the incision required to remove that excess skin. As a general rule, a short incision only allows a small amount of skin removal. A longer incision and resulting scar (as in a full tummy tuck) will allow the surgeon to remove more skin, address the belly button and tighten the entire abdominal wall. This is the important thing to consider when looking at this type of surgery. Don't compromise the results with a shorter scar if it won't deliver the results you want. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in tummy tucks and body contouring should be able to show you what you can expect. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 
Dean Vistnes
Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#drdeanvistnes #realself #tummytuck #abdominoplasty

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction/floater TT/liposuction

Thank you for submitting your photos.As we can see from your photosa brest reconstruction with implants,floater tummy tuck and a liposuction for your love handles will solve your issue and you will achieve a good result.Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.Good luck...

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Mini versus full tummy tuck

The main difference between the mini-tummy tuck and the full tummy tuck is the length of the scar. In both types of tummy tucks, any separation between the ab muscles can be repaired if needed, and the belly button can be floated if need be. The incision for a mini-tummy tuck is mini, meaning it is about the length of a c section scar. This works best when you onlyhave a little extra skin in the center below the belly button. The reason you are not a good candidate for a mini-tummy tuck (at least based on the photos), is that it looks like when you are seated, you have excess skin that spans from hip to hip. In this type of scenario, a full tummy tuck is a better option. In the photo where you are pinching the loose skin, it looks like the looseness is well past just the central portion noted between your fingers. When the loose skin extends all the way towards your hips, a mini incision can leave the ends looking puckered or bunchy, or give you what are called "dog-ears". One other important consideration is how long has it been since your lipo and BBL? If it was recent, I would advise waiting to see how much of your skin retracts, because swelling at the site of lipo takes a while to go away, and then it takes even longer for your skin to remodel or shrink to whatever degree it is going to.

Anita Patel, MD

Mini tummy tuck

Dear Alvarez,   Thanks for submitting your pictures.   From observing your pictures, you appear to be a good candidate for mini tummy tuck, however not the floating belly button type, because your present belly button is quite low and lowering it further will make your belly unnatural and unattractive.    Since your abdominal muscles appear flat, you will need just skin excision. I would recommend to release and tighten the skin from above the belly button to the pubic area, if you want a nice belly button.  You will end up with a small vertical scar in the middle of the lower abdomen, which is the old belly button. If you do not care about the belly button shape, than just tighten the skin from below the belly button. Either of these procedure will include tightening of the pubic area as well.   Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons, who do surgery in accredited surgery center for your safety. Make sure to check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with flat stomach, low scar and nice belly button.                                        Best of luck,                                                              Dr Widder

What does your "clinic" surgeon tell you? Only in person examination and evaluation can allow if a mini TT vs Full TT would be best!