How to lose 35 pounds before June Tummy Tuck date?

The doctor said I would have to lose 40 pounds before surgery. I have been trying everything under the sun. Anyone have any tips on how to speed the weightloss up after plateau? Low carb or low fat diets? Anything would help. Surgery date is June 2016

Weight loss

Weight loss to that degree is a lifestyle change, not a diet. Some programs work well, nutritionists can help, certified personal trainers can help you in the proper exercise area. If your surgery is actually next year, there is NO reason that you should not be able to reach your goal by reasonably modest APPROPRIATE dietary/eating changes along with APPROPRIATE DAILY exercise (even just ACTIVE walking).Most peoples problem is they are not honest with themselves about their dietary habits and their exercise levels. Sometimes, their definition of "healthy eating" is way off as well.

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your desire to pursue a tummy tuck.  I am assuming you mean June of 2017 for your anticipated surgical date? The best method of weight loss is through a healthy diet and exercise regimen as this allows your skin and tissues to shrink along with your fat deposits. I would recommend employing the use of a nutritionalist and/or personal trainer to help you in your weight loss journey. With their assistance to identify areas of nutritional deficiencies as well as the opportunity to supply motivation and accountability you should see steady improvement in your weight and overall appearance. Hope this helps.

Weig

Before your surgery, it is recommended to lose as much weight as manageable, but that is also a maintainable weight. If you feel that you are not at this point, you may want to discuss your options with your primary care physician. They can provide you with a tailored recommendation or recommend a nutritionist. It is important for any healthy lifestyle that there is a balance between diet and exercise. This type of program will benefit you for both your desired plastic surgery and overall health! Best of luck.

Jay Burns, MD

Weight loss before a tummy tuck

It seems you should probably see a nutritionist to help guide you through weight loss which would include a fall lifestyle change for most people. If you do not think you can maintain that lifestyle after discussing this with a nutritionist, then weight loss before a tummy tuck would be a losing game.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Losing weight loss before surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.

Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30.
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD