How long can I wait before laying on my boobs after a lift and augmentation?

Hi, I just had a breast lift 2 weeks ago. Now I wanna have butt implants how long should I wait to do the butt implant, I know when getting butt surgery I would have to lay on my stomach, but I just got my boobs done is it ok to lay on them now?

Depends on what your surgeon says

I suggest you ask your surgeon. Some would say not to sleep on your front for about two weeks, and others would say a month or more after a lift and augmentation. 

Buttock implant following breast lift

Thank you for your question.  I believe with proper positioning and padding, you should be safe to undergo buttock augmentation following breast lift at four weeks post op.  Of course, consult the plastic surgeon who performed your breast lift.

Breast lift plus implants 2 weeks ago--now wants to lay on stomach (and implants) to undergo butt implants!

You didn't say or show us what kind of breast lift incisions you had, and how they are healing. However, I CAN assure you that these incisions are not durable enough to withstand the pressure of your body laying on them at this point in your recovery. I would assume your butt implants surgeon is the same surgeon who did your breast lift plus implants--if so, then ask your surgeon for the answer that "counts" most, for it is to him or her you will need to go if there is a problem. At least then you can say "YOU told me it was OK!"

If you are going to another surgeon for your buttocks implants, then ask your breast surgeon for his/her recommendation, because you surely don't want to mess up your breast lift surgery with too-soon buttocks surgery.

Or, you can simply wait 4-6 weeks and be safe (and that assumes perfect healing with your breasts). I understand you wish to combine recoveries and minimize time off, but think how much time off you will need to take if you pop open your breast incisions or expose an implant (which will then need to be removed, NOT just re-stitched!

Don't rush this--ask your surgeon. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Butt lift post breast lift

After 4 weeks I usually tell my patients they can exercise ,lay on their side, do whatever.In the end check with your surgeon.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Timing of gluteal implant surgery after a breast augmentation.l

I tell my patients to wait 3 to 4 weeks before laying on their stomach after a breast augmentation, but you should address that question to your own surgeon. It is reasonable to undergo another procedure such as gluteal implants 6 to 8 weeks after a breast augmentation. Having said this, each surgeon has his/her own ideas about timing of staged procedures. Therefore there is no absolute right or wrong answer to this question. Best of luck!

Long to wait

I would suggest asking your surgeon what he/she recommends. I ask my patient not to lay on their stomachs for at least 4 weeks, and when it is not painful.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Always best to ask your chosen surgeon this question. In my practice I would recommend at least 4 weeks to 3 months before being able to have extended pressure upon the implants in a lying position.