Using a local. Any suggestions?

I am in need of a brow lift. I want it down under a local. Does any doctor in the Florida area do this. I know I need much more but I am only comfortable starting with this or maybe fat grafting under my eyes. Thank you

Brow lift under local

Your request is a very reasonable one. Many people are afraid of any kind of anesthesia.  If you were having a partial brow lift or a brow lift revision that would be possible under straight local anesthetic  I have been doing facial plastic surgery for 30 years. In my opinion a total brow lift under local only is INADEQUATE because there are certain portions of the deeper part of the brow lift that are difficult to anesthetize . Sedation anesthesia and general anesthesia are several of the greatest advances in the history of medicine. Why would you want to go back to biting on a bullet during your procedure ? In most patients the extent of the brow lift would wind up being limited by your pain and discomfort if it were done under a straight Local anesthetic 

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift with local anesthesia

Many facial surgeries can be done with local anesthesia.  There are many types of browlifts, and most of these can be done that way.  If you do an endoscopic or other type of full forehead lift, you have to be ready for injections of the local anesthesia which sting.  Then there will be some odd sounds as we work directly on the bone.  And even though the local can eliminate pain, you will still feel some pulling and pressure.  This is easy for some to tolerate, and difficult for others.  But worth discussing with your surgeon.  I never use general anesthesia.  For those who want it, we use IV sedation.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Brow lift under local

Mary, it all depends on what kind of brow lift you need and what is expected from it.  Can you do a browpexy? Sure.  But you will not get the same results as a true brow lift.  Temporal lifts and other brow lift techniques can be done under local anesthesia, but it all depends on how comfortable you are as a patient with the procedure. THAT is extremely important.  You can do a full facelift, etc under local anesthesia - but how comfortable and ready for the procedure you are as a patient is just as important.  Most often I do all my procedures under conscious sedation in my office's surgical suites (same anesthesia as a colonoscopy - no breathing tube down your throat, don't feel any pain and sleep comfortably through it), although on occasion I will do procedures under local anesthesia for my patients due to a variety of reasons.  That being said, during consultation depending on your anatomy your doctor may discuss other things that need to be done in order to address the areas of your concerns.  Your best bet is scheduling consultations and speaking with docs to see what their philosophies would be and whether or not they fit in with what you are looking to accomplish.  I hope some of this helps.  Best of luck.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow Lift

Thank you for your question. I suggest you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to determine the type of procedure that is best for you. Do not be surprised if the surgeon recommends more than the brow lift in order to address the area under your eyes. Many patients undergo several treatments at the same time, which is not only easier for you as far as recovery time, but also less expensive. When you get a brow lift and an eyelid procedure at the same time, you only have to cover the costs of the surgical room, anesthesiologist, and medications once. Performing complementary procedures at the same time is not only more efficient in terms of cost and time, but also create more natural and pleasing results. It can look unnatural to rejuvenate one part of your face yet leave an adjacent region unimproved. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Browlift under local anesthesia?

A brow lift can be performed under local anesthesia but will be significantly uncomfortable since there are many nerves  that need to be anesthetized.  The brow lift procedure is an invasive surgical procedure usually performed under general anesthesia as an outpatient procedure.  In our practice we perform them under general anesthesia by a board certified physician anesthesiologist for patient safety and comfort.  It is also important to evaluate the level of the brows, the asymmetry of the brows,  the hairline shift,  and the corrugator and frontalis wrinkles in the forehead.  All of these parameters are taken and account when performing a brow lift procedure. more information and many before and after results of brow lifting, please see the link and the video below

Using a local. Any suggestions?

Might try Botox injections with minimally invasive (under local anesthesia) Silhouette InstaLift - lateral brow  with or separate from 'Nova Lift - brow'.. Fee $3,000 range...

Brow lift under local

Thank you for your question. In general, almost any facial procedure can be done under local. In our practice, every operation is done under local. This minimizes the risks of cosmetic surgery, such as brow lifts and fat grafting, significantly. Have a consultation with a qualified surgeon who can identify the facial features that age you. That way the right procedure, or combination of procedures, can be performed for you. Good luck!

Arnold Almonte, DO
Roseville Plastic Surgeon