Liposuction and fat grafting?

I am pretty athletic with a naturally slim build. I have a nice body already and work out consistently, however, as the usual woman does, there is stubborn fat that I hate. A little on my abdomen, on the inner thighs, and the slightest in my back. I would like liposuction to get rid of this but will I lose the tone and definition I already have? Also, I would like a more curvy shape (more defined waist to hip ratio), how natural will the results look if I have fat transferred to my hips?

Liposuction and fat grafting?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Shape your body

You can shape your body in many ways: liposuction, fat grafting, SculpSure...it all depends on what you have to start with and where you want to go. It may also depend on your age, quality of your skin and its elasticity.  This is almost impossible to discuss quickly without seeing you in person.Please seek a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery for your best education and results.

Roxanne Sylora, MD

Liposuction and fat grafting?

Thank you for your question.  Liposuction with fat grafting can be a good option for what you want but cannot answer how you will loo witout a consult or pictures.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I suggest consulting with a VASER Hi definition contouring specialist. VASER will provide immediate results of fat removal, contouring and skin tightening. Hi definition contouring is a technique to sculp and define the body and create permanent indentations over muscular areas. Fat grafting can be performed for contouring and shaping. You will not lose tone or definition, I often suggest my patients be at their idea weight and have a strong core prior to treatment. Using lasers and ultrasound allow people to get a better result and more skin tightening if this is done properly.  Best, Dr. Emer

Fat grafting

You would have to be seen in person to determine what donor sites you have, what your goals are, etc..

Liposuction and fat grafting.

It's so common these days for patients to seek transfer of fat from even small areas of excess to areas that might benefit.  Being realistic about how much fat is transferable will help define your expectations so that they are realistic.  It's best to find a Bd Certified plastic surgeon whom you trust and get answers based on a face to face examination where an assessment can be made of how thick your areas of subq fat are.  Some of my exercise fanatics are delighted by even small improvements in resistant areas after years of exercise effort.  Good luck.  Enjoy your results.  Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Liposuction and fat grafting?

Thank you for your question. From the information you provided, you appear to be a good candidate for liposuction refinement in the ares you have stubborn fat, but might not be a good candidate for fat transfer to your buttock, it all depepends on the amount of fat that were able to take from tageted areas. Best is to have a consutation with  a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure. 

Lipo and Fat Transfer

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to give exact recommendations without photos or an in person consultation. Generally speaking, liposuction is ideal for an active and healthy candidate who has stubborn fat that won't go away with diet and exercise. It's a great procedure to contour and shape the body. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Liposuction and fat grafting - hat to expect

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • It is excellent that you have a slim build and keep fit. Good for you.
  • Liposuction can remove the slight excess fat that you have -
  • But you may not have enough fat to for fat transfers -
  • The best way to find out for sure is to see a plastic surgeon -
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction and fat grafting?

Without photos and at least height and weight, it's impossible to give the best answer. Body contouring is highly refined today and offers a very excellent method to achieve your best body after child bearing and or weight loss.