Should I get lipo or tummy tuck done? (photos)

Hi, I am 30, mom of two little ones. I'm starting to consider lipo i already went to see a surgeon who recommended me to get TT done but I don't think I need it. I'm 5.1" 113lb now, very petite overall, not stretch marks , just a bloated like/saggy skin when I sit. Posting pics when I suck my belly in and when I push it out. Would love to get abs etching but most important define my waist and get rid of the belly.

Tummy tuck and Lipo

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well. The combination of a liposuction with the a traditional tummy tuck has become a very common procedure. It is safe to combine the two procedures mainly to address the hip and flank areas. This is a very effective way to extenuate the contour of the waist along with the abdominoplasty. It is also important to realize that there is usually a limit on how much fat can be remove in a combined procedure.In general you may be a good tummy tuck candidate if:You are physically healthy and at a stable weight You have realistic expectations You are a non-smoker You are bothered by the appearance of your abdomen. Also The fat transfer, often called Brazilian butt lift has become extremely popular because it allows your plastic surgeon to transform your entire shape. You improve your waist, hips and of course your buttock.

Good tummy tuck candidate if:

You are physically healthy and at a stable weight

You have realistic expectations

You are a non-smoker

You are bothered by the appearance of your abdomen

Tummy tuck surgery is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.

I also recommend to visit a board certified plastic surgeon for a person evaluation and to talk about your goals.

Good luck :)

Should I get lipo or tummy tuck done?

Thank you for your question. If you are unhappy with the recommendation given by surgeon you saw, you can always see another board certified plastic surgeon for a second opinion. An in-person assessment is always best. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Should I get lipo or tummy tuck done

The liposuction will only remove the fat below the skin so it will not, alone, give you a tighter waist. A tummy tuck will likely not give you a smaller waist either as you also have some visceral fat that will not allow the waist to be cinched in during the tummy tuck. If you want a more narrow waist, you would first need to lose some of the visceral fat and then have the tummy tuck.

Julio Garcia, MD

Thank you for your question.  Despite your series of photographs it is difficult offering you definite advice with out an in-person examination and discussion of your desired results.  If on examination your abdominal muscles show separation or laxity, or if you desire a tight, flat appearance, a tummy tuck would best treat this issue, improving your waist contour.  If, however, you are looking to simply reduce the amount of adipose tissue around your stomach and waist then liposuction alone may be a good option.  Hope this helps. 

Liposuction or Tummytuck

Liposuction is ideal for well defined areas of fat unaffected by diet and exercise. Tummytuck addresses redundant skin and fat and also tightens stretched abdominal wall muscles after pregnancy. It appears from your photos that you would do well with just micro-liposuction because you have done a nice job with diet and exercise. If your surgeon is insistent, get a second opinion.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to assist with your decision. Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Rely on a plastic surgeon you trust

If you choose liposuction, you may get a result you are happy with but it cannot address sagging skin or stretched and separated abdominal muscles. A tummy tuck will repair the muscles and tighten your skin, but the tradeoff is a large scar. An in-person consultation is really the only way for a plastic surgeon to examine the quality of the skin and fat, in order to make an informed recommendation. I suggest getting a second opinion from a board-certified plastic surgeon whose expertise you trust. Best wishes.

Adam L. Basner, MD

Thanks for your question. During a tummy tuck, excess skin/fat is removed and the abdominal muscles are tightened. During a liposuction, excess fat is removed, but the muscles and skin are not addressed. Often the skin tightens some after lipo, but may not be enough to meet your expectations. So, it depends on what you goals are and if you are willing to commit to the longer recovery and long scar that go with a TT.
I suggest you schedule another consultation with your plastic surgeon before making your final decision.
Good luck!

Brian Widenhouse, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Should I get lipo or tummy tuck done?

The answer to your question depends upon your goals. If you wish to remove the excess skin and fat then an Abdominoplasty is the best choice. If you feel as though you do not wish the lengthy incision site for the Tummy Tuck then liposuction could be a compromise as long as you understand and accept the fact that you will still have some loose skin if you choose only the liposuction. Best to have an in person physical exam

Tummy tuck and Lipo, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
In this regard, I recommend you a Tummy Tuck, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.
Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).
Kind regards. 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

My over the internet guesses based upon the history presented and series of posted photos is a Full TT & muscle repair (which is the main issue to me) with lip hips and back. Fees from $8,000..