Can I do Lipo after I've already had 2 sessions in my belly and one session in my back? (photos)

How many times can I have lipo performed

Liposuction

Thank you for your question.You can have more liposuction you probably have a lot of scar tissue from your previous liposuction . This will make additional liposuction more difficult . I would recommend the SAFE technique developed by Dr. Simeon Wall .I would recommend a tummy tuck for your tummy because of the loose skin. I hope you find this useful.

Multiple Liposuction Treatments Possible

Please be aware that my comments here are general and can’t be taken as specific medical advice. Liposuction is generally a safe procedure that may be performed in the same area or areas of the body more than once, provided that there is still sufficient fat in that region. It's important to wait at least 6 months before having liposuction in the same area. That time allows the body to fully recover and reveal the final results of your procedure. However, it is also important to understand the limitations of liposuction. Liposuction cannot significantly improve loose skin. Based on your photos, it appears you may benefit from body contouring surgery to remove excess skin, in addition to liposuction. A board-certified plastic surgeon can recommend the best treatment plan after performing a physical examination in person.

Liposuction can be done as many times as needed.

Liposuction is so safe under local that it can be done as many times as you need but wait 6 months between procedures on the same area see the final results of each procedure.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction in same areas

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • First, you should wait at least 6 months after liposuction before having more done.
  • If you gained weight and fat has returned, or you want to improve the result, then further liposuction is fine.
  • But there will be scar and good results aren 't always easy to get.
  • But if the issue is loose skin after liposuction, then skin removal, not liposuction is the treatment.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Can I do Lipo after I've already had 2 sessions in my belly and one session in my back?

In person exam is essential. However, from your photos it appears that you have excess skin and fat- that is best addressed with Abdominoplasty revision, with  back liposuction. 

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Liposuction can be performed multiple times in the same area of the body if the skin overlying it is of sufficient quality that shrinkage is anticipated, otherwise you will be left with sagging tissues.  If you are considering your back and stomach it appears that your back may be able to tolerate additional liposuction but I would be concerned about your stomach stretch marks which may better be treated with a tummy tuck revision.  Hope this helps.

Revision Lipo

Hi and thanks for the question and photos. It is possible to have more revision liposuction in the areas that you mention if there is additional fat to be removed. The only way to tell however is with a a physical exam. Best of Luck- Dr Hardy

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD