Lip Augmentation? Juvederm/Restylane/Lip Implants?

Hi, I've had my lips injected for about two years now and I'm still catching my self going back every six months to get injected which tends to add up quicks! Juvederm doesn't seem to be lasting too long in my lips. Or maybe I become satisfied with swelling of my lips the week after I get them injected. I wonder if my lip are accustomed to the filler. What do you recommend I do? I want a long lasting product that doesn't demolish quickly. I've heard 50/50 reviews about lip implants

Great Lip Fillers

Hyaluronic fillers of which Juvederm is one is a great filler for the lips.  It has several advantages: it can be injected  it is pliable, soft and natural,  reversible if problems occur & as you are aware goes away over time.  There are several other Hyaluronic fillers and the simple answer to your problem is to try others in hopes that other formulations may work better.  The Physician injecting your lips can suggest other appropriate alternatives.  Before you jump to permanent fillers or implants judge carefully as they are not easily removed, can be difficult to treat if they become infected and if over time you do not like them so full or they do not age well you can be stuck.

Permalip implants

Hi, Thank you for your question. The first thing to do is go for consultations and find a board certified surgeon to perform treatment. Lip filler is a temporary treatment and many of our clients naturally move onto a more permeant solution. We offer a treatment called 'Permalip'. They are revolutionary lip implants in different sizes and designed to look and feel natural. Performed under local anaesthetic a small incision is made in the corner of your mouth and your desired sized implant is then slotted in. The implant will not impair lip movement and if you wish to go larger or go back to your original appearance then the implants can be simply removed. I hope you find the treatment that is right for you. Good luck!

Lip augmentation options

I don't know many patients that were happy with lip implants. Most get them removed if it is possible. Fat is an option but fine tuning with fat is difficult. Fat mainly makes them larger, but sometimes too large, sometimes uneven, and sometimes needed more procedures. I've come to the conclusion that HA fillers gives the best looking results. Over multiple treatments, HA fillers tend to last longer. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip enhancement

Hi Holly,You should explore using your own fat to augment your lips with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  There are several surgical lip procedures, that do not include implants, that might give you the results you are hoping to achieve.

John S. Poser, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon