Do I need a lift, or can I get away with larger implants to fill out? (Photos)

I have 320 mL HP Smooth round saline implants placed over the muscle that I got done almost 10 years ago. I have a 2 yr old that I breast fed and now have sagging breasts with a significant size difference as well as rippling. Would I need a complete lift, or could I get away with just having a larger implant placed under the muscle and switch to silicone? And If I reduce my areolas, what is the chance that I won't be able to breast feed in the future? Attach pics with wish pics.

Deciding on a Breast Lift with a Revision

The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is the most suitable for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis) as a result of development, aging, pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss . Some patients will experience better results to restore superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy; better known as #AugmentationMastopexy.

With both implant types there are choices when it comes to size, shape, and profile. The criteria best to suit you will be discussed in full detail at your breast augmentation consultation. 

Altogether, the surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the nipple and areolae of the desired size and correct height may also be addressed. I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.The best method and #technique for your #procedures will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Breast augmentation and lift, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 400-450ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Lift and implants

Implants will not lift the breasts significantly. You will likely need a formal lift. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Implant vs Lift

Thanks for the pictures.  Some of your wish pictures aren't that far away from where you're at now. If you're looking for more volume/larger, then just get an implant exchange for new silicone implants placed in the submuscular plane to help with rippling and avoid the lift.  However, if you want more "perky" then a lift with new implants would be best.  Go see a plastic surgeon in the area and express your desires to hear all your options.   Overall, none of those should really affect your ability to breast feed.

Good luck!

Khashayar Mohebali, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift, or can I get away with larger implants to fill out?

Your current photos seem to be similar to your wish pics, therefore I question your true desires for improvement. If you want sagging larger breasts- you can go with larger implants. To achieve the perkiest breasts - I would take them out, do a lift with smaller implants.

Breast lift

Thank you for your question.  If you like the size of your breasts, I recommend keeping your current implants and simply getting a lift.  If you have a skin-only lift, you are essentially at no risk of losing the ability to breastfeed.  I suggest consulting with one or more board certified plastic surgeons for a complete evaluation and to discuss your options.  Best wishes!