Left breast is higher then the right. Will it ever go down or will I need revision? How long will I have to wait? (Photos)

4 weeks post-op breast aug with 485 cc gummy high profile under the muscle. I'm having muscle spasms and tighthness mostly on the left side. The right breast seem to be settling just fine but the left breast is still riding very high. I've been wearing a band and doing daily massages per my PS instructions. But i see no progress aside from some of the swelling going down. I'm concern that the left breast will never go down and if it does it will not be symmetrical to the right one.

Left breast is higher then the right. Will it ever go down or will I need revision? How long will I have to wait?

With your complicated surgical history you should be happy you have an OK results. From reduction to oversized implants to replacement than an infection to new implants I say enough until things heal over the next year...

Left breast is higher than the right. Will it ever go down or will I need a revision?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry that your current results have caused you concern.  At only four weeks after surgery, your breast lift and augmentation results will take up to six months to reach your long-term results and your breasts will undergo significant changes over that time period. I know waiting is difficult but allow your results more time to mature before assessing the need for any surgical revision. Best wishes.

Implant high after surgery

There is significant asymmetry between the implants. However 4 weeks is too early to start to assume final results. Implants settle at different rates. Continue with your PS advice and see how you progress. If a revision is necessary he/she will discuss that with you when the time is appropriate.

Eric Weiss MD

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

Left breast is too high

Congratulations on your recent surgery!  4 weeks post op is still to soon to have final results,your implants may settle at two different rates as they are not the same surgical pocket.  You need to give it some more time but keep your surgeon in the loop on what is going on. Best of luck!

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast implant settling concerns…

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment and/or advice.

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.

I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. 

I would suggest that you continue to follow your plastic surgeon's postoperative instructions and continue close follow-up with him/her.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.