How many Kybella treatments do I need? (Photo)

I opted for kybella treatment vs chin lipo , most likely i did the wrong choice but now i just need to know how many treatments do you think I need to have close to perfect results. And if any treatments are recommended to tight the skin under chin after kybella treatment? My stats are - 5.1, 124 pounds , 36 years old.

How many Kybella treatments to see desired results?

Hello and thank you for your question. You appear to be a great candidate for Kybella. You will need between 2-4 treatments to really see the desired results. Hope this helps, Dr Faraz

Neck Contour

Kybella injections can be very helpful over time with up to three or four sessions needed for some patients.  In contract, neck contouring without incisions (laser liposuction) can be very effective in a single session.  Laser assisted neck contouring can also address fullness closer to and at the jawline whereas Kybella should be avoided in this area.  If Kybella doesn't achieve the results you are looking for you can certainly switch to another treatment option.

J. David Holcomb, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Based on your photo and description, I think Kybella could be a really good option for you. It will take anywhere from 2-4 treatments. You just need to be patient. 

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

#Kybella - Number of treatments

Dear Miss RT:

You will see results with fewer treatments if higher doses are used.  Patients usually see some tightening of the skin with Kybella as well, unlike CoolMini.  From what I can see in the photos, I believe you will see great results after two treatments, but whether the area will be perfect at that point depends upon what you are considering perfection to be.  At that point, you might opt to have another treatment. 

All the best,   Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Thank you for your question. Kybella is typically performed in a series of 2-4 treatments depending on individual need. Best wishes. 

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Numbers of Vials of Kybella

It is likely you will need 2 vials of kybella per session and will need 2 to 3 sessions.  I space out each session 6-8 weeks.  I think it will be likely you will need only 2 sessions for a total of 4 vials.  I believe you would be a good candidate for neck/submental liposuction.  

Kybella is an excellent injection for the submental area and you should have amazing results non-surgically. You will need between 2 to 4 treatments and will have skin tightening as well.  Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

In your case perhaps four vials will be necessary to help fully define your chin and jawline with Kybella.

Kybella treatments

Kybella is an excellent treatment for the submental or chin fat area in some patients. Typically patients need between 1-4 treatments, but with each treatment patients see improvement in the decreased amount of fat in the area treated. You should wait between 6-8 weeks before you proceed with your second Kybella treatment. You should start to see changes after that. Best wishes.

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician

Kybella Treatments

Thank you for providing the photo and stats. The number of treatments required for patients varies. I recommend scheduling a consultation with a physician to access the skin under your skin to determine the amount of treatments you need based on the results you are wanting to achieve. Physicians can create a treatment plan specifically for you so that you can get the results you want whether you get Kybella, Coolmini or Ultherapy. Hope this helps. 

Wishing you the best, Dr. Rana Mays

Rana Mays, MD
Webster Dermatologic Surgeon