How many Kybella treatments do I need? (Photo)

I opted for kybella treatment vs chin lipo , most likely i did the wrong choice but now i just need to know how many treatments do you think I need to have close to perfect results. And if any treatments are recommended to tight the skin under chin after kybella treatment? My stats are - 5.1, 124 pounds , 36 years old.

Kybella results

Thank you for your question MissRT. Kybella is the first and thus-far only FDA-approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. A series of 2-4 treatments is recommended, sometimes up to 6 treatments. I treat patients every 3 months. Results are seen slowly over time. Patience is important.

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Numbers of Vials of Kybella

It is likely you will need 2 vials of kybella per session and will need 2 to 3 sessions.  I space out each session 6-8 weeks.  I think it will be likely you will need only 2 sessions for a total of 4 vials.  I believe you would be a good candidate for neck/submental liposuction.  

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Submental fullness

Kybella CAN work sometimes, but I tend to use it for very modest/mild submental fat.  If there's enough, the better bang for your buck can be the Coolsculpting mini.  Either way, depending on the amount of skin, we often combine some Ultherapy for the skin to lift/tighten it so it doesn't sag.  But, if I had to guess, I'd say you'll need around 3-4 vials of Kybella at least.  If you've done it, that's ok.  You can go again.  Just need to have someone that's honest with the results and who can actually do the other things necessary if you don't reach your goals.  This is the problem when people go to spas or to others who aren't really plastic surgeons - you will get offered only what they have to offer, and nothing else, and if it doesn't work, you're out of options.  

Cain R. Linville, MD

How many Kybella treatments do I need?

Thank you for your question. Kybella is great for treating submental fat (double chin). It typically takes 2-4 treatments to see optimal results. Please consult with an expert

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

How many Kybella treatments do I need?

Hello MissRT,

Kybella does a great job removing submental fat permanently.  When the right patient is chosen, the results can be quite impressive.  It does take most patients between 2-4 treatments and up to 6 to get the ideal result.  I have had one patient who reached her goal with a single treatment of two vials.  It is rare that one treatment will create a significant enough treatment to stop, so I prepare my patients for about 3 treatments depending on the anatomy.  The nice thing about Kybella is that it does tend to bring the skin up as it dissolves the fat.  However, if you only had loose skin, it would not help, so it is not approved for skin tightening.  At 36, isolated submental liposuction may have been sufficient for you, depending on your skin elasticity.  As you get older and the skin loses the elasticity, the ability for it to contract up after liposuction alone is limited.  Based on your pretreatment picture, I would estimate between 2 and 3 treatments, but everyone is different and it may take more.  

I would recommend you express your concerns with your injector.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

How many Kybella treatments do I need?

2-3 Kybella® treatments generally render most patients a 70% improvement/reduction in neck fat, according to FDA studies.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Kybella results

Thanks for your question and photo. You are a great candidate for Kybella and number of treatments should be determined by a board certified dermatologist as every patient is unique. Some patients require 2-4 treatments over time while others may need less. Results take time and number of treatments also depends on your desired results. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Kybella treatment

Honestly, based on your photo you appear to be a great candidate for Kybella injection. Most patients require 2-4 treatment sessions, usually 2 vials per treatment session. I have been injecting Kybella in my patients since it first came out and my patients are very satisfied with their results. Hang in there, you will see results. 

Shaun Patel, MD
Miami Physician

How many Kybella treatments to see desired results?

Hello and thank you for your question. You appear to be a great candidate for Kybella. You will need between 2-4 treatments to really see the desired results. Hope this helps, Dr Faraz

Patricia Faraz, MD
Ladera Ranch OB/GYN

Neck Contour

Kybella injections can be very helpful over time with up to three or four sessions needed for some patients.  In contract, neck contouring without incisions (laser liposuction) can be very effective in a single session.  Laser assisted neck contouring can also address fullness closer to and at the jawline whereas Kybella should be avoided in this area.  If Kybella doesn't achieve the results you are looking for you can certainly switch to another treatment option.

J. David Holcomb, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon