Second Jaw Surgery 7 years after the first?

Years ago, I had jaw surgery to correct my under-bite. I thought it went well, but now my lower teeth are touching and pushing the upper teeth forward and my back set of teeth barely touch at all. Everything just feels off. My orthodontist tried to fix the it, but nothing worked. So, I was wondering why do you think this has happened? Should I have a second surgery? What are the risks of a second surgery, will it be more complex than the original? Does the benefit outweigh the risks?

it might be that the condyles were not positioned during surgery or orthodontic set up was done wrong. Jaw surgery second time won't be  more dangerous. 

New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon